Maine coon pissed at us

Scallops

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello there
I’ve had a Maine Coon 7 months old, we got a 8 week old kitten for companionship. The coon isn’t bad to the kitten but she is so pissed at us. Spitting, hitting, basically won’t let us touch her, she’s so angry, her whole demeanor changes when the kitten is out of his room.
Any suggestions? Is there hope for us? She’s so mad. It’s only been 2 days but I’m concerned
Susan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Scallops

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Haven’t tried any yet. On my way to get something. Do you have a favorite product?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Scallops

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you have a favorite product?
I don't, other than the opposite thought with the pheromone plugin varieties, since those have zero effect on my Poppycat. It's a little bit trial and error, since every cat can be so different in how they react to things.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The leading brand is Feliway.
I've used it and while I thought it did help, there's no real way to know as it could be a coincidence that the cat just finally feels more secure as opposed to it being the pheromones it generates.
They are pricey though, and you'd need several wall units to cover the spaces the cats are using. If you have the funds available might be worth taking a chance.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
She isnt mad at you, she just gets stressed by the kitten and takes it out on you. The good news is that kittens her age almost always adjust quickly and well to a new playmate in the house. Give her a few days and try face to face introductions again.