Mailbox Kitty!

KittyCatCove

Daddy of 4
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is Whiskers, one of my ferals, looking into my mailbox slot, impatiently waiting for his food.

What a little character he is!

Attachments

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clapcat: That is so cute! I love scenes like this because they highlight the truth that even "ultra feral" cats can develop trust enough to approach their caretakers. Some of my ferals are over 11 years and come close even though they still act as if I am one of the 7 devils from hell :lol: some of these cats of mine were "shadow cats" who originally appeared only in the darkest, quietest hours.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyCatCove

Daddy of 4
Adult Cat
Purraise
:clapcat: That is so cute! I love scenes like this because they highlight the truth that even "ultra feral" cats can develop trust enough to approach their caretakers. Some of my ferals are over 11 years and come close even though they still act as if I am one of the 7 devils from hell :lol: some of these cats of mine were "shadow cats" who originally appeared only in the darkest, quietest hours.
Thanks, I agree. Whiskers was totally afraid of me when I started feeding him, now he let's me pet him... it took about 2 years though. I would say most do start trusting you enough to allowing you to at least touch them.

My shadow cats tend to show up more when it's cold outside. It's good and bad... the wet food wouldn't spoil or get insects in it, but it will freeze when temp gets below 32F. When it's below freezing, I always warm my wet food in the microwave before putting outside.