Made My Cats A Mushroom.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I live really close to an area of forest that is currently being felled and replanted with young trees, so there are lots of chunks of tree trunk lying around. The forestry commission guys said I could have any left over pieces I wanted, so I persuaded Mr Husband to help me bring home a couple of big bits.

This piece has been drying out in our shed all year, so I decided today was the day it was going to be repurposed.
Mushroom1_R.jpg

It's got some nice patterns on the surface where the chainsaws went through
Mushroom2_R.jpg

Forest cat was the first one to try it out, tempted by a handful of treats.
Mushroom4_R.jpg
Mushroom8_R.jpg
Mushroom9_R.jpg

Little Boy seemed interested in it too. I think I need to salvage some more chunks of timber and make a couple of smaller mushrooms they can use as steps up and down.
Mushroom7_R.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I would leave it as it is, it will give them a little exercise!
Ha ha, hint taken! Little Boy has just started his new year diet.
I thought a cluster of three mushrooms might look kind of cute, though.

I'll bet this wood sculpture becomes a favorite sunning spot for your cats
It's proving to be a prime spot for spying on the neighbours. :wink:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a fairy ring of mushrooms would be cool! In nature they often send spores out in a circular pattern. As children we called them fairy rings. It always fascinated me that they grew in a circle so that would be sort of a natural configuration. Lol I can imagine the kitties circling the ring. :lol: No matter how they are placed, that’s a very neat idea! I like it! Fun and creative. You always do such neat stuff for the kitties.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Were you surprised that Forest Cat was the first one to try it out? He's stunning!
I was, because he isn't usually so adventurous. He was very interested to see what I was doing though and he just happened to be the closest one when I got the treats out, so that's why he was the first one to sit up there.

He is a handsome boy, isn't he? He was dumped in the woods by someone, but I found him so he's mine now. (And they're not getting him back!)

:heartshape:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Mushroom10.jpg

We're up to three now. Looking very sweet under a little sprinkling of snow.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Looks very nice, I bet they use it!
They do! Every time it snows I have to go out and sweep it clean so they have a dry place to sit. I think I might make a little roof for it before the rainy season starts.

Hiro waiting for the snow to stop so he can get back to spying on the neighbours.

Hiro61.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! I don't think it is ever going to stop! We have a foot on the ground now and the actual temperature is 16 below zero! I really pray the cats are in the garage in their heated huts, but I'm afraid to disturb them. I didn't see them at all yesterday, I did put out some fresh dry food and some wet which promptly froze.....

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Your cats aren't fat, they are fluffy!
Mine are all a little pudgy on purpose, they have leukemia and when they pick up something and get very sick, they lose SO much weight. So far so good, 16 months since the diagnosis and acting great, I just appreciate every moment I have with them.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The mushrooms are so cute. They fit in so well with the rest of the enclosure. The cats, of course, are gorgeous as always. :cloud9::lovecat3: