Made a new little friend while scrounging firewood the other day lol!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Across the street from my work (yes, I am still working) I spotted that the city of Allentown came through and did some tree trimming so I contacted the owner of the business that borders the area which is by a bridge and a stream and Tuesday after work I went over to get it. As I was loading it into the old Bronco I heard rustling in the bushes and sadly my thoughts were "I'm going to get jumped, robbed and the truck stolen" but saw no one, then thought maybe it would be an animal coming at me and saw nothing until I heard some noises coming from by my feet and looked down to see a little hen lol! I said "who are you? Where did you come from?" as they aren't in the city part and thought "what am I going to do now?", so I kept loading the wood, knew I couldn't leave the little thing out there as there are stray cats and other animals so I tried to pick it up bare handed and it didn't like that, so I opened my Tupperware container from lunch and put my gloves on, scooped both her and the container up and put them on the passenger side seat and she was happy as a clam lol! Almost like she knew I was helping her....so I drove over to my work across the street and talked to a woman who was still there and wondered what to do and she reminded me of my friend who works for Pocono Mountain Animal rescue, I couldn't believe that I forget about her but I was so stunned lol! I called her, she said to send her a picture of it, called me back and said they would take it at the Hospital and foster it, said to meet her so I did, and when she saw it she took another picture and told me that she had just placed some orphaned baby ducklings at a "farmette" in Riegelsville, PA. and said they might want her. I just got off the phone with her asking "just checking how my little friend is doing?" and she said "your little cutie pie friend has the best home in the world, those people with that beautiful farmette took her and they adore her!" She said they don't want more than a few ducks and hens and all and they protect them very well, said she is chasing 3 bigger hens around "keeping them in line" so this is a GOOD story in an otherwise very crazy world!!!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I should add that my wife Deb didn't see the picture until the next day, and she said "if I would've seen that picture before you met Barbara that little thing would be here" lol! I know we feed the birds out back but that wouldn't work as we also have stray cats and at times hawks, and we live close to others so they surely would notice a coop which I think is illegal in Emmaus! But Deb would take ANY animal in, as I would too.....

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh les, you are a doll for helping her. She is amazing! I agree with Deb, ha!! She looks sooo adorable
sitting on your truck seat.💖

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that I was there at that time to save her, everything just worked out perfectly. And yesterday I and others in our warehouse were laid off thanks to this plague, so if I hadn't gone over there that evening I wouldn't have had the chance to rescue her so it worked out!