Made a Donation

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I sent a donation to a county animal shelter in Texas, in memory of my granddaughter who died in late November. In the letter I sent along with the check I wrote that she had two very much loved cats, that are now safe in a new, loving home. And would the animal shelter please use the money to help cats that were not as fortunate as these two.

They do help dogs too. Was I wrong to specify cats?

Found something nice on their site, in the section with information about fostering and helping with very young kittens - they provide a link to the Kitten Lady's you tube videos!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I sent a donation to a county animal shelter in Texas, in memory of my granddaughter who died in late November. In the letter I sent along with the check I wrote that she had two very much loved cats, that are now safe in a new, loving home. And would the animal shelter please use the money to help cats that were not as fortunate as these two.

They do help dogs too. Was I wrong to specify cats?

Found something nice on their site, in the section with information about fostering and helping with very young kittens - they provide a link to the Kitten Lady's you tube videos!
This is very sweet and kind of you.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I should have mentioned that when I worked with a rescue, people often asked for specific things and we always honoured their wishes if it was feasible.. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Once a year a make a donation to the shelter we adopted Abby from in memory of our last cat. I usually specify that it goes towards the cats.