Lynx Point Coloring

Brit1157

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Will this baby darken as he gets older, or do y'all think he will stay this color? He is no specific breed, just a mix breed that his owners were going to take him to the pound ( we have sort of developed a habit of taking in these kinds of kittens lol). I have read that these color kittens will darken as they get older, but I wasn't sure. Also, he is a bob tail

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
daww and yes he will darken as he gets older. the top pic is my lynx point recently. the bottom pic is from when we found him outside a dept store in the alley in 2012. he would have started out life looking much the color of your baby

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, as stated above, he will darken up. All points tend to darken up some, depending in part what point color there is. Seal (black) points darken up most, creme points much less.

BUT. Lynx points, whom are tabby over the whole body, do tend to darken up on the body quicker and more. That much its sometimes not apparent the cat is really a point.
The pics here above is a good illustration.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I"m going to hijack a little here. I have my own question on lynx points. with my cat how old would he probably be in the first pic? I think that light a coat still means under 2 yeah? we took him to a few vets after finding him. their age counts were from 5 or 6 to 10 or 11. (he was in a really bad way. he's had mild kidney damage ever since that's never gotten any worse, rat poisons or something) this year I was looking thru these older photos and was like holy quacamole look how light he is here!! lol. I never noticed him get darker.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brit1157

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise