Lumpy spot under female cats armpit

danni88

Forever Little's Mama
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is my Little. I got her when she was a kitten and shes 8 now. Ive never had anything love me as much as this cat. Shes always on my shoulders or curled up right next to me under a blanket. I fall asleep holding her & petting her every night.
I found this site less than 2 days ago while doing a search on google came across tclark13's thread. I found a nickel sized lump under my Little's armpit. I've been a a complete mess since since then. I think I just got enough money together to take Little to the vet to get looked at as of this evening. I need to vent so I'm sorry if I start to ramble. I don't really have any family besides my bf and his family. But I've come to the realization that I can never count on him for anything not even a ride to the vet. I was always able to support myself and my bf with no problems what so ever until the last 2 years. Now he's supporting us and will not even talk to me when I say anything about Little, he just tells me to stop and says she's fine right now. I should have an actual income starting the 19th but a week away. I know I haven't even been to the vet yet let alone one diagnose anything but searching on google what it could be has me in shock. I cant even describe how I feel. I never had her spayed because she was a inside a cat. I never knew until now that not having a cat spayed could cause something so terrible. I'm a complete mess.

Last edited by a moderator:

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:( I'm sorry you're going through this. It's tough with the cost of vet care making it hard sometimes to get the care you'd like for your pet. We discovered a weird lump on my cat Wiggies earlier this year, and it caused a lot of worry. I did take him in for an exam, and the vet was very confident it wasn't cancerous and she said it was so small that she couldn't aspirate it anyway, so not to worry. I know this is a different situation from your Little, I just wanted offer a little comfort I suppose. :hugs: You won't know until the vet examines her, so good luck with her visit. Please do update and let us know how it went.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danni88

Forever Little's Mama
Adult Cat
Purraise
She has an appointment at 4pm tomorrow. It's been 3 days since I found the lump. The lump dosent feel like a single lump, it's not super raised either or circular shaped , it's like a lumpy mass. I'm not sure how I feel about waiting another day...

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She has an appointment at 4pm tomorrow. It's been 3 days since I found the lump. The lump dosent feel like a single lump, it's not super raised either or circular shaped , it's like a lumpy mass. I'm not sure how I feel about waiting another day...
Well I can tell you a few things that might help calm your worries a bit.

I don't know exactly where it is or how it feels, but know that lymph nodes are located behind the front arms like in back of the armpit.

Nodes will swell for various reasons, so it may be this.

Also, does it feel like it is free floating in her body or does it feel attached to the underside of her skin?

Removal of a lump if suspicious in this area is quite simple, so if the vet has any concerns about it he can just take it out.

He can also try to aspirate fluid from it and have that sent to a lab.

It can very well be a small fatty cyst too. Harmless.

Good luck and let us know!

Gailx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Danni88 what happened with the cat you are talking about? X