Lumps under kittens nipples??

tdurkee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello :) We have a kitten that is 3 1/2 months old. When holding her today, I noticed she has lumps, about the side of dimes, under several of her nipples. I am gonna call the vet and make an appt, but just curious if anyone else here has had a similar issue and could give me an idea of what is going on. She seems completely normal otherwise, eating well and playing like crazy. Thanks for any info!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wonder if she is going to get an early maturing...   Is she spayed?  If not,  let this vet check up be simultaneously the check up for spaying, ie if she passes the check up she stays there and is spayed the same day.   Two flyies at one stroke.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tdurkee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's a great idea, I will mention that when I call in the morning. We wanted to get her spayed but I thought she was still too young? If not, I'd gladly have her spayed now :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's a great idea, I will mention that when I call in the morning. We wanted to get her spayed but I thought she was still too young? If not, I'd gladly have her spayed now
In Sweden they dont want to spay before about 6 month, but most vets in the USA are happy to spay much earlier.  As long they are healthy and have at least 2 pounds...

catmother1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, i know that this question is relatively old nowm but just wondering what happened to your cat. Did you find out the cause? My 7 month old cat has lumps under all of her nipples. I will betakeing her to the vet in a couple of days for a check-up. She's an indorr, unspayed cat who has no access to males so cannot possibly be pregnant. Quite worried that it could be cancer.

theeplanb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have the same exact problem. My kitten is 4 months old. I took her to a vet clinic for rabies they ran out of the other shots when I was there. Now 6 days later lumps on all her nipple areas. Just happened real quick, size of dimes otherwise normal. Feeding her kitten chow mix with IAMS for kittens.

theeplanb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Went to the vet, she said she didnt know what was going on and to leave it alone for 2 weeks unless my kitten had stopped eating, hiding or got diareaha. Kitten acts normal no fever regular activities.

theeplanb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I guess she was in her first heat? Thats really odd to me I never seen that happen on anyother kitten before. It is going away on its own. Almost all gone and one week ago. But its still a little bit there.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess she was in her first heat? Thats really odd to me I never seen that happen on anyother kitten before. It is going away on its own. Almost all gone and one week ago. But its still a little bit there.
How strange. Do you plan to spay her soon?