Lump where spay incision is.

ChiAnti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there, My cat Ruby who is 9yrs old got spayed Thursday, may 6th 2021. It is now Saturday, may 8th, 2021 and ive noticed a lump on her belly? I saw that this could just be fluid built up where the stitches are but it semi-firm to the touch and is alittle warm. She is still active and eats/drinks but I worry this could be a Hernia. Help please! Should I call my vet?!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ChiAnti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That doesn't look good. Could be infected or herniated. Please take Ruby to the vet.
I cant tell Monday but I was thinking so anyways, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't just panicking.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lumps are normal from spaying, but that IS bigger than normal. I would take those excellent pictures in and show the vet or e-mail them and see what they say. Other than the bigger size, everything looks normal, no drainage, etc. There is swelling internally from the inside trauma and stitches, but it wouldn't hurt to have it checked out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ChiAnti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lumps are normal from spaying, but that IS bigger than normal. I would take those excellent pictures in and show the vet or e-mail them and see what they say. Other than the bigger size, everything looks normal, no drainage, etc. There is swelling internally from the inside trauma and stitches, but it wouldn't hurt to have it checked out.
Thank you! I will!