Lump or swelling after spay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayllss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! I’m new here and wanted to see if this was normal...

I took my cat to get spayed Thursday (2/20/2020). I go to check her incisions Friday night and there’s a large lump from under the stitches. It feels firm but it doesn’t hurt her to touch it. She’s eating and drinking and acting like her usual self. I was wondering if this is normal? She was a little restless coming off the anesthesia but I tried to keep her from jumping on stuff.
she’s going to the vet tomorrow but I wanted to ask and see! This photo is of her incision today 2/23/2020

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!

These are sometimes normal swellings, but just in case, if they allow it you might send that photo in to your vet to double-check what they think :).

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kayllss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! Thank you for responding! :)
I sent one to the vet! They didn’t really tell me too much about it but they’re having me come in tomorrow just to make sure everything is okay. I just wanted to see if this is normal!

Kayllss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! I just got back from the vet! She busted a stitch inside and the lump was from her fat coming through. Super thankful it wasn’t her intestines or anything like that. She’s in surgery now to get it fixed!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my gosh, good for you!! And thanks for the update--I'm sending lots of hugs and good thoughts!!

Kayllss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Everything went very well! Thank you guys!!! She’s a suuuuper restless angry gal now because I won’t let her out of her little enclosed playpen since she wants to jump everywhere. Hopefully cuddles when she settles down 🤞🏻🥰

Kayllss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My spooky had gotten spayed. And had the same thing i also was freaking out about it to so I know how you feel
Hopefully spooky is doing much better and had an easy recovery! I was definitely freaking out and I had to wait the weekend out before I could get her into the vet again! I’m more stressed about making sure she doesn’t jump on anything now which is hard to control. Thankfully she’s just been sleeping

Kayllss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Is she hopefully a little less restless and grumpy today?
She’s been perfect today! She slept a good few hours in the playpen last night. Let her out of her to eat/drink and she went right back to sleep on the dog bed and hasn’t moved since!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.