Lump on foot

Ellieharris04

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone, hope you’re all ok. First time posting here. I came across this forum while looking answers to what’s on my cats foot.

She’s got an appointment in a couple days but just wondered if anyone else has come across this before? I just want to be prepared.

She’s 13, and does go outside but only to sleep in the flower beds or under the patio furniture.

6C2F0888-43CB-4E95-8277-CB4E08B7BC4A.jpeg

Thanks in advance x

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. My first reaction is that it could be a cyst, which are typically benign. Is this a front or back paw? I can't tell from the pic, but if a front paw could it be on/near the carpal pad?

You might consider sending that pic to the vet and see what they have to say ahead of the appointment.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be a benign tumor or cyst. Email the picture to your vet for a quick assessment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ellieharris04

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you both for the replies. It’s on her back foot.
I don’t think my vets do emailing, when I rang to book an appointment, they never mentioned that I could send a picture over.
I’m hoping it’s nothing, she’s walking fine so hopefully she will be ok x

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've never had a vet offer for me to send them pics, but when asked directly, they have said they will take pics that way. So, you could just call and ask.

GrumptyDumpty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone, hope you’re all ok. First time posting here. I came across this forum while looking answers to what’s on my cats foot.

She’s got an appointment in a couple days but just wondered if anyone else has come across this before? I just want to be prepared.

She’s 13, and does go outside but only to sleep in the flower beds or under the patio furniture.

View attachment 427674

Thanks in advance x

Any updates on what the vet said? My cat has a similar growth I just noticed tonight.