Lump on cat's back tooth

Montysmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, i was just massaging my older cats mouth when i felt a hard but tiny lump on one side of his mouth. I lifted up his gums and found that one of his upper back teeth has a lump on it, tooth-coloured but with a rough texture that reminds me of brain coral(!) and is small, but big enough to feel from outside the mouth. He doesn't flinch when i touch it or rub it through his fur. I have searched up on cat tooth and gum disease and am finding images of cats with very yellow teeth and bleeding gums. Monty has neither of these and his breath doesn't smell particularly bad (just like cat food). I have found lots of images of abcesses and tumours in gums but nothing like this on an actual tooth. Could it just be a very bad lump of tartare or plaque? When i google these and peridontal disease i just keep seeing pics of yellow or brown teeth but nothing like this. I have ordered some oral health gel with good reviews and will get him to the vets on Monday but just wondered if anyone might have any idea what this strange thing is? Thanks in advance.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I just have to say that this is a new one on me. I'm very curious what you Vet says after the visit.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! So the lump is actually on the tooth, and not the gum? If so, I have absolutely no idea or input! Given that you are talking about an older cat, I am with mrsgreenjeens mrsgreenjeens on this one and am glad you are taking him to the vet!! And, yes, please let us know what the vet says!!