Lump on 6 month old kitten's right leg

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

The other night I was petting my 6 month old kitten, Indy, and noticed a lump on her right hind leg on the side of her thigh area. I felt her left leg in the same area and couldn't feel a bump like the one on her right leg. The bump, which feels slightly larger than a marble, is closer to the front of her leg than the back of her leg. It feels like it's inside her leg, rather than right under her skin (if that makes sense).

Indy was spayed and got her rabies vaccine on March 12. I initially thought it could be a reaction to the vaccine, but I don't know if it would even cause a lump.

Ever since I lost Scratch to cancer, I get worried by the possibility of lumps and bumps on my other cats. I just can't think of a reason why such a young cat would have a lump on her leg. I'll call the vet tomorrow but I'm worrying a little bit in the meantime. 

If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vaccines can cause this reaction but it has been a while since the shot.  There is a type of cancer that can be caused by a vaccination but I don't think it would be the size of a marble this soon..  You are obviously concerned about it, which I certainly understand.  I would take her in and have the vet look at it.

kenna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat also had a lump on his hind leg in the same exact spot. One day there was no lump, and the next there was a lump about the size of half a tennis ball on his leg. We took him in and he had some tests done and it turned out it was a sarcoma. He had to get his whole leg amputated because of how fast feline sarcomas spread. I would definitely take your kitten to the vet as soon as you can. Good luck and I am sending positive thoughts your way!