Lump after first vaccination

andrutza420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone, my 3 month old kitten just got his first vaccinations about a week ago and he has a bump that appeared on site like 5 days after. We went to the vet on the 7th day they would us it was a normal reaction to the vaccine, since then it has grown a bit. I will go to the vet again in one week if the bump is still there, but im honestly scared about all the things i found on the internet relating sarcoma. so I came here to ask if one of your cats experienced the same thing? Will it go away?

He is my first indoor cat since I moved the city, I have 9 cats at home all vaccinated, not one of them showed a bump all these years, only normal reactions such as mild fever or letargy. I attached some pictures.
😊 thank you

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andrutza420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you get a second opinion?
yes, i'm waiting until maybe monday( 2 weeks since vaccination) to see if things get better and i'll thinking of going to another vet

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
One time one of my cats did get a lump soon after getting his rabies vaccine, and the Vet said to monitor it. It DID go away, thankfully. Seems like it took about a month though, before it was gone. Hoping the same things happens with your little one.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Where are they vaccinating him? There is a standard of care vaccine sites being FVRCP right front leg, FELV left front leg, RV right rear. I think. It’s been a while. He should not be getting vaccinated on his body, legs only.