Low tracking litter suggestions?

Jonel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been trying all the "low- tracking" litters and they all seem to be terrible - trying to find the least objectionable option and would love to hear your experiences/suggestions/recommendations? I've got an one older boy who is not picky about litter but he does like to dig around a bit. He has a pretty large box and I've got a rug to pick up bits off his feet as he leaves the box but I still find it on the hardwood floor 5 feet away! I may need to go back to the heavier (but dustier) clay - *sigh*
Appreciate your responses.

ev1lwon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am currently using Fresh Step Clean Paws and it works pretty good.

maxmeezu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I've tried a few, here are three summaries, they all seem to have their benefits and drawbacks.

The Breeze box or the Cat-illac system both work well for tracking. The Breeze pellets (which you can use for either system) are heavy and don't fragment so they don't get kicked out much. And if they do, they don't go far and they are easy to pick up. I've used dried beans in the Cat-illac box (I prefer this box because it has a huge urine reservoir instead of pee-pads) and those work well too. I really liked this system but it's not good if your cat ever has diarrhea and it does need a good scrub now and then. It's okay with odors unless your cats have particularly smelly pee.

Right now I'm using Okocat's long hair litter formula. It's pellets, which don't track as much. It's also clumping and flushable, so it's easy to clean. Because it is flushable, I keep it in my shower. I just vacuum the loose pellets up and any remaining residue can go down the drain. My only complaints here are that it clumps a little loosely and with two large cats I really blow through a box. Also I don't love keeping it in the shower. Odor control is medium because of the loose clumping some small clumps get left behind.

I just ordered some pine pellets which I'll use with the Breeze box (you can google this set-up). This seems fairly low maintenance (we'll see) and minimal tracking and good odor control. Hoping my cats will like it.

hairless_kat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've used a few. My suggestion is to buy a good litter tracking mat instead of investing in the litter itself.