Low-grade Ads

ReallySleepy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please note that we do not have obtrusive advertising on the site.
Sorry for having to correct you, Anne. For weeks now I have seen the following, on this site and many others:

obtrusive.jpg

This thing will blink in three or four colors while the asterisks rotate around the frame. Very obtrusive. I suppose it is only visible to users in Norway, so people elsewhere may not be aware of it.

It's no big deal. Just wanted to tell you.

Home Forums > Social Forums > The Cat Lounge >

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sorry for having to correct you, Anne. For weeks now I have seen the following, on this site and many others:

View attachment 184293

This thing will blink in three or four colors while the asterisks rotate around the frame. Very obtrusive. I suppose it is only visible to users in Norway, so people elsewhere may not be aware of it.

Home Forums > Social Forums > The Cat Lounge >

If possible, can you right click on it and get the link to where it is coming from and send it to Anne Anne ? We really don't want ads like that on the site and if you can get her more information she can make a complaint.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ReallySleepy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If possible, can you right click on it and get the link to where it is coming from and send it to Anne Anne ? We really don't want ads like that on the site and if you can get her more information she can make a complaint.
No info on right-click. But if I left-click, I am taken here:

Choose your favourite product: iMac, iPad o iPhone and get it for FREE

Thank you for caring, AbbysMom. But you know, even if I get rid of it here, I will still see it on plenty of other sites. It will probably go away once they have wasted enough money on this silly campaign.

On the other hand, if you have requested not to have junk ads like this, maybe the provider should know. Thank you again.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Is that a banner? The networks we work with should not allow low-quality ads like that to go through. There are guidelines for campaigns and nothing that flickers like that should be going through.

You mentioned you see this on other sites too, so I would actually check to see if you have an ad hijacker on your computer. I've had one myself a few weeks ago and it's extremely annoying. It overrides legitimate ads on sites that you visit with obnoxious low-rate ads. The sites you visit don't get any revenue - only the person who wrote the hijacker does. It's a form of virus that doesn't usually hurt your computer, just overrides your ads.

I would run a scan using your anti-virus software + something like MalwareByes (which is pretty much the industry standard for these). Also, test various browsers and see if you're still getting these ads. If they only show up on a certain browser, check your add-ons on that browser. That's where my hijacker was hiding :angrywoman:

I'll be moving your post and mine to a new thread in the Site Help forum. Please everyone, keep reporting such things if and when they happen. If it is an ad served through our networks, I need to know about that so we can squash rogue campaigns that sneak in through our filters. Thanks!