Lovibles Cat Food

amandag1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all!
I was in pet valu today and noticed this brand Lovibles but I can't find much info about it online.

The ingredients look similar to fancy feast and price point is a little cheaper.
upload_2019-8-23_22-55-31.png
upload_2019-8-23_22-56-2.png

I bought the poultry pack to try out for Louie. He typically likes fancy feast and some Weruvs flavors but it changes all the time. Some days he is so picky.
Anyone try these? Thoughts?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amandag1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Louie loves the chicken flavor!

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw these tonight in the shop and pick two cans up to try. They are labeled that they meet the AAFCO standards for nutrition which is a thumbs up.

Two down sides are that there is added color in them (no listing on what was used) and carrageenan. (At least in the two below that I picked) In defense of all the negativity surrounding carrageenan it is one of the last ingredients on the list and most / if not all cat foods will either have gums or carrageenan.

Unless the cat has an allergy to it - should be fine IMHO.

I bought the "put a wing on it" and "whatta catch".

Really looking forward to trying in and some other ones. I can't give Charlie the chicken / turkey ones but I can give it to the girls. :D

Braveheart will need two weeks too before I can try it as she needs to finish her meds first.

I'm going to try to dig a little deeper into the manufacture etc. If i find out anything - I'll post it here.

Last edited:

christfawk

Keeps hobblin' along
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm a pet valu employee, it's actually one of new store brands along with Barkers for dogs. If you came into my store I wouldn't reccomend it just because Pet Valu carries a lot more higher quality options. Lovibles is basically our version of friskies/fancy feast. I do know while I'm not super happy about the ingredients I can definetly confirm it's well manufactured because I know how Pet Valu manufacters its food.

I can also tell you if you buy the wet by the case you'll get a 5% discount with a store card. I could reccomend other foods from pet valu but I dont want to overstep my bounds.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there christfawk christfawk :wave3:

Firstly, thanks for coming into the thread with that info. That's awesome and appreciated info!

I can't speak for everyone here, but for me, I don't mind hearing thoughts or recommendations at all. I love hearing input about foods and nutrition etc.

I ask about manufacturers as it tells us a lot more than we realize about the products. A lot of people don't know that often the manufacturer for things will rebrand with labels/names - but the food, clothing, or item, is exactly the same as another product. Simply a different price and name. I also will sometimes poke them about certain bi-products. Especially if they are listed as "meat bi-product" or "Meal/meal bi-product."

I've been doing a lot of research on cats foods the last year or so now as I have one super picky eater with an allergy who makes feeding him exceptionally challenging. That would be the Charlie mentioned above.

I use some so-called "Lower" quality foods and so-called higher. I tend to mix it up as my budget is taking a massive hit this last year with the added ER cats to the family, vet bills, and food, etc.

I'm very also slowly coming to the conclusion that all cat food is pretty much crap in one way or another - and - like people it's all about reading the labels, keeping the diet balanced, seeing how eat cats respond to foods and asking a lot of questions. It absolutely is rocket science. Enough to make us insane.

People like you are so very valuable with the cat food nutrition battle as you see and hear things from a vast amount of different sources! :happycat: XXOXO

Last edited:

christfawk

Keeps hobblin' along
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awesome, I love when people try to educate themselves and dont just buy whatever I tell them!

My best recommendation is and will always be rehydrated or frozen raw, I feed specifically Primal Raw rehydrated and I rotate proteins. However I'm fully aware raw is a difficult and expensive diet to feed, so it's not for everyone. I do always reccomend mixing in SOME amount of raw, even if ita just some nice bone broth. I'd definitely check out Primal Pet Foods website and they're extremely informative. It's worth it to note I do supplement with dry but I'd like to move to raw/wet only.

As far as allergens go I'd reccomend Pet Valu's highest quality brand, Performatrin Ultra. While there are better quality products out there, the way Pet Valu manufactures its limited ingredient diets prevents cross contamination of allergens. They make a humongous batch of whatever formula and then shut the whole manufacturing line down to clean and sanitize it.

One last tip is dont be dissuaded by foods manufactured in Thailand. Thailand is the world's largest source of taurine, and essential part of a cats diet and that is why you'll see cat food manufactured there. Thailand also has higher manufacturing standards than the US. An example of this is Weruva, a food I reccomend. It's all human grade and is wet only.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions. :biggrin:

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’ve been wondering about Lovibles also. It’s on sale right now at PV (buy 4 get one free or something like that!). I plan to get a couple to try next time I’m in. My two now eat mainly PC extra meaty chicken and turkey varieties. I like them because they’re super affordable, and they aren’t dry like some pâtés....they are soft and more wet which my two seem to love. They also have a protein as the first ingredient (chicken or turkey). They are 62 cents for a 5.5oz can....which makes feeding two cats super affordable!

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the research I've done so far says it's okay. I finally got a chance to add it into the girls rotation to help offset the costs of all the medical stuff, medication, supplements that need and higher priced foods I have for them.

The girls - like them a lot. Dive right in. They even ignore some of the supplements I add that they aren't quite fans of - it's like they aren't even there. (So far I'm only testing the chicken on them - "Chickenwingman pack")

One of my only issues thus far is undesignated "meat by-products". They is a 1-800 number I'll call Monday to see if I can get some more details. Poultry by-products etc is clear on the protein source. 'Meat' cover s a lot. So that's my only real humm haaa at the moment.

christfawk christfawk thanks for the heads up on the Performatrin. There are only a few I can try on Charlie, as, like everything else - Chicken is everywhereeeeee but I'm willing to try the two that don't have chicken to see if I can get him to eat it. Even only as a back up plan. He's so picky I'm not holding my breath lol but worth a go.

I'll let you guys know how forthcoming the 1-800 number is with my questions.

corvidae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I ran across this food for the first time the other day - I'm considering adding it to my boy's rotation, and I also think it could be a great option for donating to the SPCA/rescues - they have cans even bigger than 13 oz for a price I've never seen in Canada, and the ingredients are decent. I feel like a donation of this food could feed a lot of kitties!

F FeralHearts , did you ever get more information from the 1-800 number?