Lovey our sweet boy

Mother_of_panthers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our hearts are broken as we had to put Lovey down yesterday. Lovey never really grew or played like his brother Benji. He only weighed 3lbs where as Benji weighed about 9lbs. We believe they were from the same litter since our neighbor found them together on a back road back in October and back then they were the same size. Lovey had been at the vet several times in the short time he was with us. His health just got worse and worse. In February he really started to decline, he lost his ability to walk completely. After three long weeks of constant care he was not getting any better and yesterday we found out that he had a fatal disease the feline coronavirus. He hasn't been able to eat, walk or use the bathroom on his own in a while. He barely opened his eyes except when I was feeding him. This was so difficult and our hearts are broken. We will always love this little sweet boy.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You tried and that means everything to him.....You were there for him when he needed care and comfort. You gave him a wonderful home and love, that is all he ever wanted. I hope you can take comfort in knowing you were his everything......
Your bond of love can never be taken from you, it is a very part of your soul. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. As so many have said and truly believe here, try not to grieve because he has left you, celebrate that you had him in your life. Just as you would want for him if you were the first to go, go forward in life and seek its beauty and happiness. he would never want to bring sadness to your heart. That is love......
My heart breaks for your pain, I know how huge that hole in your life and your heart seems right now. Time is the only thing that helps to dull the sharp edges of grief, so give comfort to others who miss him and just get through the next day, one day at a time.......RIP beautiful Lovey. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that this happened to you all, I don't know why these things happen but sadly they do. As much as it hurts you please know that he knew that you loved and cared for him and he is fine now, just fine, and when you meet again one day down the line he will say "thank you for taking care of me" and it will be a joyous reunion.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless you.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Lovey, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Oh, my dear, what a lovely cat he was, is, and always will be! And rest assured, he lived, breathed and had his being secure in your arms and your hearts. And when he left, he knew you love walked beside him to guide his way to his Next Great Adventure. Now he dwells, happy and whole, in That Place Where All Things Are Known, and he sends his love, translated and purified into Love, back to you. It will never leave you, because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mother_of_panthers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You tried and that means everything to him.....You were there for him when he needed care and comfort. You gave him a wonderful home and love, that is all he ever wanted. I hope you can take comfort in knowing you were his everything......
Your bond of love can never be taken from you, it is a very part of your soul. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. As so many have said and truly believe here, try not to grieve because he has left you, celebrate that you had him in your life. Just as you would want for him if you were the first to go, go forward in life and seek its beauty and happiness. he would never want to bring sadness to your heart. That is love......
My heart breaks for your pain, I know how huge that hole in your life and your heart seems right now. Time is the only thing that helps to dull the sharp edges of grief, so give comfort to others who miss him and just get through the next day, one day at a time.......RIP beautiful Lovey. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
Thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot to me

Mother_of_panthers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Lovey, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Oh, my dear, what a lovely cat he was, is, and always will be! And rest assured, he lived, breathed and had his being secure in your arms and your hearts. And when he left, he knew you love walked beside him to guide his way to his Next Great Adventure. Now he dwells, happy and whole, in That Place Where All Things Are Known, and he sends his love, translated and purified into Love, back to you. It will never leave you, because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.
Thank you so very much. Hopefully time will lessen the pain in my heart.

Mother_of_panthers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much. I miss him terribly.