Love of my life passed away...

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On Tuesday morning, my OH passed away from a fatal complication of a disease that had finally done enough damage to take his life.
We were not married for personal reasons but in our hearts we were bound to each other. His family and my family all just accepted we were married in heart.

I have been with him for over 5 and 1/2 years. This man changed my life for the better. Gave a woman (me) that was beat down by life a chance and gave her the world at her disposal to heal and move forward. The only man I ever felt safe with.

We are all still in shock and grief and there are very many things to think about. Me and the kitties and ferrets are going to need to find a place to live, this house we can't afford on just my income (SS disability). But there's no rush. There's just so much to be done as far as everything in here and around. We'll have time though to go through it all..

The blessing is it was fast and he did not seem to be aware of what was happening during the parts that could have been painful had he been lucid.
I said my goodbyes to his body at the funeral home on Wednesday which helped me tremendously with closure as the last time I saw him alive it was when the paramedics came to our house that morning. I'll be getting his ashes soon and I have some idea of what I would like to do.

I'm kind of scatterbrained and sometimes I don't make sense and I forget what I've told who so please bear with me in the days to come if my posts are a little iffy...

Here is a video tribute I made:

And here is his obituary, written by his Mom:

http://www.molesfuneralhome.com/inde...uary&obID=3309

The nights are the hardest in this house that seems way too big for me now. I haven't washed the bedsheets because I want to hold his pillow and smell him and pretend it's not true.

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Tink

I am sitting here in tears for you, what a wonderful video tribute you did for him,. You could see the love you guys shared for each other.

I am so sorry you lost him

Now he's an angel watching over you until you're together again

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very, very sorry for your loss, and wish you all the strength you need to get through the dark days ahead.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry about your loss
I cannot imagine the pain you're going through.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh hun, my heart is absolutely broken for you!
I can't even begin to imagine the pain you are feeling... I am here anytime you need to talk, feel free to PM me.
My thoughts go out to you and all family/friends involved...

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He was so young. I am so sorry about this loss in your life, Tink. The tribute was a wonderful tribute and his obituary spoke volumes about who he was, making a donation to the humane society. I am so very sorry.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so so sorry for your loss. I know you feel we do not know how you feel and you are right.

But I am truly sorry, having been in your position all I can say is this: It might not feel like it right now but you will be okay with time. You will learn to cope with your loss. But you will always miss them.

Try and remember all the good times he gave you and how he helped you. All the good times you had and how he improved your life. Just remember how much he loved you.

If you ever need to talk PM me.

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! I am just in tears for you this morning. Your video to him was so sweet and it is very obvious, from the pictures of the two of you together, that you shared an amazing love! I can't even imagine losing my husband (he is just a little older). My thoughts and prayers are with you through these times. I am SO sorry!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Tink!
What an amazing tribute, and what a wonderful man. My heart is absolutely breaking for your loss, you two were clearly so in love, and as importantly, shared that love with those around you, whether skin or fur.

I am so so sorry.

I am holding you close in my thoughts, and sending you vibes for strength as you work through this. I know you'll find a place of peace as he'll always be with you. But it doesn't take the pain away.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending you lots of
and kitty
to get you through this time. My deepest sympathies.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am deeply sorry that you lost your OH. He had the kindest eyes!

Cally

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tink, what a beautiful tribute
. I am heartbroken for you and the grief you are enduring. I am truly, truly sorry for your huge loss. It is obvious you were so much in love and he loved the pets very much too. I don't even have words.... Just lots of prayers for you that in time you will find the strength to go on. Your memories are your forever
, just praying that the pain you feel will lessen with time. He WILL always be with you, in your heart, forever, till you meet again....

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh god how absolutely awful. My thoughts go out to you. It will be a rough journey towards a place of peace, but know that you have many people who care about you and wish you strength.