Louis, my male cat, is meowing and yowling nonstop

valentine445

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My almost 7 month old male cat louis started this habit where he just cries and cries until someone comes to play with him and take him outside. He is not nuetered bc several vets recommended that its not possible due to health reasons. So nuetering him is not a possible option. We provide him with a lot of enrichment and he has loads of toys but he still has this weird behaviour. he goes up and down the stairs and just yells. i cannot let him outside because i dont want his to injur himself or roam or impregnate another cat. please help i cant handle his cries.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
What reason did the vets give for not being able to neuter him? The fact that he's not could well be the problem.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the several reasons why your cat may be acting that way is (as per mentioned above) his desire to find a mate. He has most probably reached his sexual maturity and is doing the mating call. Unfortunately, this won't be stopping anytime soon. You may also find him spraying anywhere. You can ask your vet for some advice, although I wonder why your cat cannot be neutered. What is his health condition why neutering is not possible?

Hang in there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valentine445

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
he has a serious heart murmur. i want to know how to keep him calm. also when there are cats in our garden he gets really frustrated until we get rid of it, he is very territorial.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few things:

1) is there a hormone therapy you can give him?

2) do not reward the meowing with outside time!

3) motion activated sprinklers should help keep invaders off his turf. There are other things you can do to make your yard unappealing go cats in your community.

4) can you get a second opinion with a vet that specializes in cardiac issues in cats? It might be a different anesthesia would allow for him to be neutered. They probably know more about this in the health forum.

5) lastly my cat Jackie loves to go into my handicap shower and yeowl! 🙄 I have found he shuts up quicker if I talk to him. Calling him in from the other room works. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valentine445

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my vet told me that louis will be okay without nuetering but i feel like he is stressed out. he is okay when i give him lots of attention but as soon as i start working he comes to my door and makes growling meaowing sounds even if the door is open. he has attracted female cats in my garden but he freaks out and growls and hisses at them from the window till they run away. someone jokingly said that my cat is gay and needs a harry. he doesn't spray thankfully. i now reward him when he is calm and omg he has been so good these days.