Lotus Venison canned - Buddy votes YES

cejhome

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have been trying various canned foods that are limited ingredient and no-chicken. He has been so-so on most of them. I can get him to eat the Instinct LID rabbit IF I mix in a bit of something he likes. I had been using Soulistic Lamb, but am not crazy about the fact that the 3rd ingredient is tuna. I took a chance on Lotus Venison - ordered from Chewy. Buddy LOVES it. Of course its $$$, but if I mix it with the cheaper Instinct LID rabbit, he eats it up happily. The only iffy thing in the ingredients I can is see potato starch (and carrots). Crossing my fingers and praying he is good with it. I have ordered their pork to see if he likes that as well. Its not a pate, It looks like a stew. Supposedly 95% meat.

Venison, Venison Broth, Carrots, Potato Starch, Calcium Carbonate, Monosodium Phosphate, Sunflower Oil, Salt, Salmon Oil, Choline Chloride, Agar-Agar, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Niacin, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid.

mysterylover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Two of my kitties like all the Lotus Just Juicy foods. At one point, it was the only food that did not give my IBS cat diarrhea because it had no guar gum, xanthan gum, locust bean gum. The agar agar was not a problem for him. He only weighed 5 pounds, and he put on 5 pounds with Lotus Just Juicy and has maintained it. They sell them at K9 Cuisine online as well (usually cheaper than Chewy). I also hope it works for your kitty!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cejhome

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well shoot. I think Buddy may have issues with one of the ingredients. He is starting to scratch his ears again. I am taking him off it and going back to his Rabbit topped with Soulistic or Meat Mates and see if it stops. 😥 I hope it clears with going back to what he was eating. If so, then the local pet food pantry will at least benefit!

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wysong also make canned food that is pretty basic, I think it's the epigen line. I wish my cats liked it, they hate Evangers & anything that is just plain meat.

cejhome

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am going to give Stella & Chewy Rabbit one more shot, and I have ordered a few new things to try from Incredible Pets as I can order a few cans of each. Trying Rawz rabbit and Fromm rabbit and lamb. Picky boy! Just figured the one thing he absolutely loves gives him issues. The problem with Epigen is that is it huge cans. He doesn't like his food microwaved so it would be a mess to try and deal with. He will eat Meat Mates Lamb but is pretty bleah about it. I wanted to try and get him something he actually likes!

cejhome

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Paws down on Stella and Chewy. I tried Rawz rabbit pate and he actually seems to like it. So yay on that! I want to have several foods in rotation, just in case I can't get one. That is happening now. Meat Mates Lamb is out of stock. I have about 1.5 cases left. It seems like NZ lamb is tough to get at the moment - most of the lamb cat foods are out of stock at the moment. I ordered a case of Rawz rabbit from Incredible Pets and a few cans of their duck to see if Buddy can tolerate that. I'll hold on the the duck to try after I see how Buddy does with the Rawz rabbit. Fromm has a lamb pate, but it has pork in it in some form. I am too lazy to look it up. I am trying the Lotus venison again, but keeping away from the pork. I thought back and he had an itchy ear episode a while back from a canned food that i tried that had lamb, beef and pork in it. So we may have to avoid chicken and pork.