Lotus Rabbit Pate positive for cyanide likely from flaxseed

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat was having kidney trouble on venison and a change in food was advised by my veterinarian. I was going to have “Just Food for Dogs” formulate a rabbit pate for my cat but they insisted on using tapioca. Unfamiliar with tapioca I looked it up on line. Tapioca is cassava or yucca and it causes cyanide in food. I advised them on this but they insisted on tapioca for their pates. My elderly cat likes pate and needs this because she is lacking some teeth. So I decided to look for a canned rabbit cat food pate instead. I chose Lotus Rabbit Pate because it is low in phosphorus needed for my cat’s chronic kidney failure and a unique protein needed for her inflammatory bowel disease and severe food allergies. Rabbit is the one protein I know my cat is not allergic to. I thought I did good as my cat improved on her kidney values although her pancreatic enzymes were through the roof. I started to look more carefully at the ingredients and noticed flaxseed. Being an unfamiliar item I looked it up. I read an article about Sweden recommending to stop using flaxseed and France banning flaxseed oil. One of the major problems is that it can cause cyanide in food. Oh no not again! I decided to send in a few cans to a local food testing lab Nutridata. The food came back as .3 ug/ppm and the limit was .2ug/ppm meaning a low positive for cyanide. I thought I was avoiding the cyanide from tapioca problem when I got stuck with the same issue from flaxseed. I notified Lotus and sent them the report. I found an expert on cyanide in animal feed who wrote an article for Merck Veterinary Manual on the subject, Rhian Cope who is the principle toxicologist for Pesticides and Veterinary Medicine Australia. I wrote her an email and sent her the lab results. At first she wrote back that it might be ok even though it was above the acceptable limit since limits are set much higher than they need be for safety but then she calculated and clarified that for my 5 1/2 lb cat she should only be eating one can a day to stay below the limit. That means my cat would have to eat two different foods not advised for a cat with inflammatory bowel disease. I requested Lotus Pet Foods please remove the flaxseed since it is not necessary but I have not had an appropriate response. The flaxseed is in all their pates. I am looking for another rabbit pate that is equally low in in phosphorus that my cat needs for her chronic renal failure but only found one that is 30% higher in phosphorus. At least it is without flaxseed or cyanide. My choice is to switch to that or to a turkey pate that my cat might be slightly allergic to. I am distraught! My cat’s kidney levels were better on the Lotus Rabbit Pate but her pancreatic enzymes were out of control. I am wondering if the cyanide is to blame. I’ve read that flaxseed is a supplement and therefore not regulated. Please take a moment to write Lotus Pet Foods and request they remove the flaxseed in their pates because it causes cyanide and we love our cats and do not want to poison them with their cat foods! Lotus’s email is:

[email protected]

Thank you,
Joanie & Tutu

Here is some research supporting the need to remove flaxseed:

(PDF) Ground Flaxseed – How Safe is it for Companion Animals and for Us?

Warning: ground flaxseed can be toxic and shouldn't be eaten

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not allowing anything but to view only on my iphone
Could have tab for DMA phosphorus needed for kidney failure

mentat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello Jojo&Tutu Jojo&Tutu Much thorough nutrition sleuthing and filtering through that which does and does not induce inflammation in your baby.

Regarding the elevated pancreatic enzymes, is this lipase only on a blood chemistry, lipase and amylase on a blood chem, or an elevated quantitative total lipase (feline TPLi)?? With this, our concern is always cholangiohepatitis or cholangiopancreatitis, very debilitating to the appetite, visceral abdominal pain inducing, and biliary tree inflammatory. When was your cat's last abdominal ultrasound?

Regarding CKD aka CRF, where are his SDMA, Creatinine and BUN (blood urea nitrogen) levels, waste factors filtered by liver and kidneys from the blood? HCT/PCV (hematocrit/packed cell volume), indicators of red blood cell estimates?

How is his appetite on the Lotus, regardless of its contents? When you've transitioned before, what other low phosphorus diets has he been on?

I love Tufts and UC Davis phone consults from nutrition advice, including guidance and specific volumes/recipes for homemade, company commercial individually made diets offered now, and commercial mass manufactured OTC and prescription diets. Veterinary nutritionists rock, and do not support ingredients that promote mycotoxin formation when moistened, or diet formulations prone to toxicity or deficiency of micronutrients. They constantly are collaborating with each other across the world to be current on diets available, and improvements to manage growth/development so we have the healthiest organs starting out in our cats, as well as manage chronic diseases with diet as best we can. I can not emphasize their invaluable, golden assistance with my renal kiddos, canine and feline, over they years, while managing multiple comorbid conditions, such as GI lymphoma, HCM, DCM, hyperthyroidism, Cushing's disease, etc.

Lastly, how was his IBD diagnosed? Symptomatically and empiracally treating? Or via intestinal biopsy and gross surgical observation of surrounding lymphatic tissue, the mesentery, etc? Has he benefited from prednisolone to knock back inflammation in past, putting IBD in remission? Has GI lymphoma been ruled out? Both are very manageable, but tricky with comorbid diseases. Keep coming back and informing us! We are here to help. Thanks, Furballsmom Furballsmom , for the bat cat signal ;]

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello Jojo&Tutu Jojo&Tutu Much thorough nutrition sleuthing and filtering through that which does and does not induce inflammation in your baby.

Regarding the elevated pancreatic enzymes, is this lipase only on a blood chemistry, lipase and amylase on a blood chem, or an elevated quantitative total lipase (feline TPLi)?? With this, our concern is always cholangiohepatitis or cholangiopancreatitis, very debilitating to the appetite, visceral abdominal pain inducing, and biliary tree inflammatory. When was your cat's last abdominal ultrasound?

Regarding CKD aka CRF, where are his SDMA, Creatinine and BUN (blood urea nitrogen) levels, waste factors filtered by liver and kidneys from the blood? HCT/PCV (hematocrit/packed cell volume), indicators of red blood cell estimates?

How is his appetite on the Lotus, regardless of its contents? When you've transitioned before, what other low phosphorus diets has he been on?

I love Tufts and UC Davis phone consults from nutrition advice, including guidance and specific volumes/recipes for homemade, company commercial individually made diets offered now, and commercial mass manufactured OTC and prescription diets. Veterinary nutritionists rock, and do not support ingredients that promote mycotoxin formation when moistened, or diet formulations prone to toxicity or deficiency of micronutrients. They constantly are collaborating with each other across the world to be current on diets available, and improvements to manage growth/development so we have the healthiest organs starting out in our cats, as well as manage chronic diseases with diet as best we can. I can not emphasize their invaluable, golden assistance with my renal kiddos, canine and feline, over they years, while managing multiple comorbid conditions, such as GI lymphoma, HCM, DCM, hyperthyroidism, Cushing's disease, etc.

Lastly, how was his IBD diagnosed? Symptomatically and empiracally treating? Or via intestinal biopsy and gross surgical observation of surrounding lymphatic tissue, the mesentery, etc? Has he benefited from prednisolone to knock back inflammation in past, putting IBD in remission? Has GI lymphoma been ruled out? Both are very manageable, but tricky with comorbid diseases. Keep coming back and informing us! We are here to help. Thanks, Furballsmom Furballsmom , for the bat cat signal ;]
I’ll try to be brief but it is a long history. Tutu is a 17 year old Siamese Balinese. Tutu has had IBD since she was a one year old confirmed with endoscope biopsies. She had an inflamed liver but I think it was because of being on flagyl too long. (Checked in surgery but was not cancer). She was put instead on an antibiotic and liver was better. Still has some liver inflammation for years and had a benign liver tumor removed 3 1/2 years ago no cancer. Pancreas was biopsied at the time and determined it was not cancer too. Pancreas is worse than bowel. Pancreatic hyperplasia. She had a thyroid adenoma and was treated with I131 two years ago. 1 1/2 years ago: Dental surgery lost 7 teeth. Followed by: She had multiple UTIs with blood following urine draws and was on multiple antibiotics but her internal med vet at the time kept saying it was intestinal lymphoma and stress and upped her steroid Budesonide & tried prednisolone which was a disaster. The upped budesonide caused her to be totally hyper with enlarged pupils, constipation and weight loss. I did not think she had lymphoma but she was losing weight. I thought she was on too high of steroid. I consulted a Cornell oncology vet and a Univ. of Wisconsin Oncology vet and both thought it would be worthwhile to lower the Budesonide and solve the kidney UTI repeat issues first. Finally a positive bacterial UTI culture was found and I decided no more urine draws. New antibiotic helped. Her internal med vet was mad that I consulted elsewhere and was right about the bacterial urinary/ kidney infections so I switched vets. New internal med vet ultrasounds three or four times over 9 months and no change to her intestine - vet told me definitely not lymphoma. Creatinine elevated to low 4s. Changed diet from venison to rabbit and she began to gain back her weight. and creatinine was normal. Once weight came back up creatinine elevated to recent 3.1. Vet thought might be from weight gain. Her vet left moved out of state right when Covid hit. Ran out of sub q fluids and no one would renew without seeing her and I could not leave the house was ill with my own medical conditions and am disabled senior. JFinally found my old vet out of state who renewed prescriptions until I am well enough to consult the new vet. My cat was without sub q fluids for five days and lost a bit of weight. Once on sub q fluids again She stabilized. Recently noticed her Lotus rabbit pate included flaxseed. Research on flaxseed - found out it can cause cyanide in food. Sent a few cans to a local lab who sent it in to Midwestern and it came back .3mg/kg and should be .2mg or below - positive for cyanide in her food. Last bloodwork and ultrasound was Feb. a few things off and lousy pancreas and am worried about cyanide exposures for five or six months. I sent the lab results in to Rhian Cope principal toxicologist for pesticides and veterinary medicine Australia who had written about cyanide in feed for Merck Veterinary Manual. She said my cat should only eat one can a day to maintain safe toxic exposures. She has been eating two cans a day. I contacted Lotus Pet Foods but have not had an appropriate response. I am trying Identity rabbit pate now but the meat looks darker and the phosphorus dma is slightly higher at 1.01. Lotus rabbit pate was .96. I don’t know if this will work out.
Bloodwork off:
Hemoglobin 9.7 range 10.3-16.2 g/dl
MCV 38 range. 39- 56 global
MCH. 11.7 range 12.6-16.5 pg
IDEXX SDMA 15. range 0-14ug/dl
Creatinine. 3.1. range. 0.9-2.5mg/dl
Bun 36. range15-37mg/dl
Spec fpl. 50 range. 0-3.5ug/l
Blood pressure went up a little

Meds she is on:
Budesonide .4
Amlodipine .7
Potassium Gluconate twice a day
Ondansetron 1/2 pill twice a day
1/4 Pepsid AC twice a day
Cobaliquin (b12)1/2 pill
Proviable DC
Epakitin 1/2 scoop twice a day
50ml lactated ringers daily

Tutu is allergic to most proteins and some carbs. She needs low phosphorus but also needs food that will not cause inflammation. I was going to have Just Food for Dogs formulate her food but their nutritionist insisted on adding tapioca and that will cause the same issue with cyanide. Her appetite is very good although she wants to nibble on my cheese now and then. She is currently
5 lb 14 oz up from her lowest that was 5lb. 5 oz but she should be should be
6 lbs it a little higher. I am trying Identity rabbit but it has a little coconut oil that might upset her tummy. I am worried what the cyanide exposures could have done over time from Lotus. Am having a hard time finding low phosphorus cat food with unique rabbit protein.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tried Identity rabbit so far she ate it will see tomorrow. I ordered some more just in case

mentat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Inflammatory autoimmune disease of the bowel is closely correlated with chronic pancreatitis. Your previous vet offended by second opinions and collaboration is obsolete and glad you left him in the rearview mirror.

You've got many comorbid diseases to manage here, a challenge, but not impossible. I commend you for providing the best possible stewardship and care for Tutu.

Has Cisapride ever been tried, then lowering the steroid dose, be it prednisolone or budesonide at lower dose? It helps GI motility and intestinal absorption.

What were her side effects on the prednisolone that was so jarring and led to budesonide?

Has her fructosamine ever been checked with any of her extensive labwork, to ensure we are not missing recurring pancreatitis induced by uncontrolled DM?

Pain, mostly due to orthopedic changes starting at 6-8 yrs age, is highly underdiagnosed in our felines. I've had internists jump to lymphoma, infectious diseases (rare ones, too), and "idiopathic I'm not sure gonna list 200 rule outs" that missed the obvious elephant in the room, the debilitating osteoarthritis, degenerative joint disease, or connective tissue trauma/straining/tearing. Pancreatitis is very painful. IBD is very painful. DJD and OA are very painful. All these can limit quality of life, affecting energy level, appetite, and socializing. Let's ensure we address this with her vets.

There are a gamut of multimodal analgesia options that are kidney sparing. Gabapentin or pregabalin. Microdose of ketamine every 4-6 weeks. TCA such as amitriptyline or nortriptyline to aid in neuromuscular pain management. Cosequin joint supplement and Welactin fish oil are great anti-inflammatory for joints, bladder, kidneys, heart, etc. PSGAGs injected SQ twice weekly for 4 weeks, then maintain with repeat of regimen as needed; I prefer Adequan, but there are other alternatives. It is a small volume injected, with a smaller gauge needle than what you use for SQ fluid administration.

Diet wise, liver and pancreas benefit from low fat, moderate protein, moderate carbohydrate. I'd really get a veterinary nutritionist involved, from UC Davis or Tufts, via phone consult, after sending them her records, so a diet for her autoimmune GI, her pancreas, her liver, and her kidneys can be formulated.

Tutu is GORGEOUS and quite edible! Thank you for sharing her with us.

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just noticed that chronic cyanide can contribute to bacterial cystitis that was a continual problem for Tutu. From Merck Veterinary Manual, Rhian Cope: “Chronic cyanide poisoning: Cystitis ataxia toxidromes are characterized by opportunistic bacterial cystitis with or without pyelonephritis and diffuse nerve fiber”. Tutu didn’t have ataxia.

I do not think Tutu is in pain. When she was having the repeat bleeding urinary infections her behavior was different. She has been more active recently and seemed better. I am not sure about how Identity rabbit pate will affect her now .

Just a couple things on your comments. I would never use Cisapride for any animal unless it is a last resort. I actually was in Scottsdale AZ years ago visiting my mom and we took a drive out into the desert because my vet recommended it and the only pharmacy that had it in stock in the country was outside Phoenix. I actually spoke to the lead pharmacist there about Cisapride. He told me it was taken off market for people because it not only affected the intestinal muscle but also the heart muscle. Heart attack or heart damage was a risk. I decided not to use it and tried various things for her constipation and found that adding pumpkin baby food to her food worked just fine.

Prednisolone was problematic because it caused elevated white cell count likely bacterial. Keeping the Budesonide at a low level of .4mg a day works best for her. .6 Budesonide caused her to get very hyper, dilated eyes and contributed to weight loss might have even contributed to her kidney problem. I have Budesonide compounded into a capsule. My vet might have wanted her on the anti cancer drug because it addresses her IBD without a steroid. It is however not a good choice for a cat with repeat UTI and kidney problem.

Fructosamine has been ok. Glucose is always high normal or a little high above normal from stress at the vet - last test was high normal.

I am really disappointed that Lotus Pet Foods has not responded to my lab testing positive for cyanide in their rabbit pate. It has been a great food for her in every other way. So far Identity rabbit is good for her. She likes it and it is very moist. Her stools looked good this morning - not too dry. When they were dry in the past it was a sign her kidneys were not getting enough fluid and kidney values went up. I am hoping this works. I have not found a good local company who can make food for Tutu that would work for me. Just Food for Dogs insisted on adding tapioca which also causes cyanide in food.

If you get a chance please send an email to Lotus Pet Foods and recommend that remove flaxseed from their pates. Sweden discourages its use, France bans the use of flaxseed oil. There is a problem with cyanide in the food from crushed flaxseed added in to pet food. Levels found .3, limit .2. Rhian Cope recommended Tutu not eat more than one can a day of Lotus rabbit pate. I don’t know yet if Identity rabbit pate will work as well for Tutu.

[email protected]

Thanks
3D6DD9DD-EEA8-4F26-93A3-1BD2F78CB2F1.png

Last edited:

mentat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just noticed that chronic cyanide can contribute to bacterial cystitis that was a continual problem for Tutu. From Merck Veterinary Manual, Rhian Cope: “Chronic cyanide poisoning: Cystitis ataxia toxidromes are characterized by opportunistic bacterial cystitis with or without pyelonephritis and diffuse nerve fiber”. Tutu didn’t have ataxia.

I do not think Tutu is in pain. When she was having the repeat bleeding urinary infections her behavior was different. She has been more active recently and seemed better. I am not sure about how Identity rabbit pate will affect her now .

Just a couple things on your comments. I would never use Cisapride for any animal unless it is a last resort. I actually was in Scottsdale AZ years ago visiting my mom and we took a drive out into the desert because my vet recommended it and the only pharmacy that had it in stock in the country was outside Phoenix. I actually spoke to the lead pharmacist there about Cisapride. He told me it was taken off market for people because it not only affected the intestinal muscle but also the heart muscle. Heart attack or heart damage was a risk. I decided not to use it and tried various things for her constipation and found that adding pumpkin baby food to her food worked just fine.

Prednisolone was problematic because it caused elevated white cell count likely bacterial. Keeping the Budesonide at a low level of .4mg a day works best for her. .6 Budesonide caused her to get very hyper, dilated eyes and contributed to weight loss might have even contributed to her kidney problem. I have Budesonide compounded into a capsule. My vet might have wanted her on the anti cancer drug because it addresses her IBD without a steroid. It is however not a good choice for a cat with repeat UTI and kidney problem.

Fructosamine has been ok. Glucose is always high normal or a little high above normal from stress at the vet - last test was high normal.

I am really disappointed that Lotus Pet Foods has not responded to my lab testing positive for cyanide in their rabbit pate. It has been a great food for her in every other way. So far Identity rabbit is good for her. She likes it and it is very moist. Her stools looked good this morning - not too dry. When they were dry in the past it was a sign her kidneys were not getting enough fluid and kidney values went up. I am hoping this works. I have not found a good local company who can make food for Tutu that would work for me. Just Food for Dogs insisted on adding tapioca which also causes cyanide in food.

If you get a chance please send an email to Lotus Pet Foods and recommend that remove flaxseed from their pates. Sweden discourages its use, France bans the use of flaxseed oil. There is a problem with cyanide in the food from crushed flaxseed added in to pet food. Levels found .3, limit .2. Rhian Cope recommended Tutu not eat more than one can a day of Lotus rabbit pate. I don’t know yet if Identity rabbit pate will work as well for Tutu.

[email protected]

ThanksView attachment 333311
Many meds now defunct in human medicine are readily used in veterinary medicine as different species gain different benefits from metabolism of drugs in a variety of ways. DES has saved many dogs from euthanasia that laid in their own urine, unresponsive to PPA in estrogen-responsive urinary incontinence is a prime example. We use meloxicam way more in vet med than they do in humans as humans have other cox1 and cox2 inhibitors ideal for human metabolism and reduction of inflammation. Cisapride saves many many IBD cats, rodents, and ferrets every day. Most respond really well to it and cardiac risk or toxicity is not a valid concern in veterinary use of cisapride at this time. Until evidence arises, clinically, anectdotally, or in peer reviewed, double blind, large population sampling research data accumulation.

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND your frustration and disappointment with diets when trying to mete out the best options for beloved Tutu. I went through hell, HELL, 2000-2004 trying to help a foster and I failed. His skin infections, his autoimmune GI and skin disease, his obsessive scratching and digging, self traumatizing, in fact traumatized me, and taught me many lessons early on in vet med. We must out source our vets constantly, self educating and then return to them with results or queries about possible trials of treatments, or a trial procedure still not "widely accepted" but gaining solid results. I had to contact many nutritionists when there were very few boarded in US, even less in Canada and EU/Asia/Africa. I made his food as the Walthams, all we had for Rx commercial diet then, fish and potato, did nothing to help him, he had to eat larger volumes of it as it was low calorie, and he defecated 5x a day, large, strongly malodorous stools with much gas emitted between BMs. Since Happy the Golden Chow, many other cats' and dogs' journeys have taught me how to best navigate resources, human, product, med, surgical technique, to achieve what they need. I am trying to offer you alternatives to review with your vet. Whenever we fear a treatment or medication because of human experience with it, rather than animal applied experience with it, we are limiting our pets options for efficacious treatments, a mistake I've made before, and strive to not repeat.

I would not deal with Lotus anymore. I had concerns with them years ago, and my specialty pet store owners and I took on discussions with them and a few other "boutique diet manufactuerers" about Ca: Ph, potassium and unnecessary ingredients such as leafy greens that contribute to urinary tract disease, muscle loss/bone loss, or dietary hypokalemia, leading to acute weakness and immobility as the electrolyte balance compromises muscle contraction, intra and extracellular balance, often resulting in edema and obtunded kitties.

Cerenia is a lifesaver as it blocks substance P, effectively limiting nausea, visceral abdominal pain, vomiting, respiratory secretions during URI, and many other effects they are still researching to understand. There are doses for hospitalized ICU symptomatic and doses for maintenance longterm that oncos, internists, and surgeons promote chronic use of for good QOL. Cerenia has improved some hypoallergenic or hydrolyzed diet patients so much, their autoimmune disease did not react/flare when challenged with normal protein, such as steamed chicken or pork. There is much research, as well as data published on Cerenia's sites themselves.

Repeating the nutritionist. Get away from trials of boutique diets, consult at least 2 nutritionists via telemedicine, and get Tutu, sweet and doting in her gentle aging, feeling as tip top form as she must have been in the past, before all comorbid diseases seem to be flaring. She is gorgeous. My dad, RIP 11/11/09, had Leo for 16 years, lavender point, talky talk South Pacific style. Mom had Moonshine the seal point tonkinese throughout her childhood. Asian breeds steal your hear and steel your resolve to provide all you can. I know it is not easy. I myself manage many fosters and own while all my diseases are flaring out of control now. Humans relying on me too. We do what we can, when we can. Lotus has failed you and Tutu. Let's move on and utilize a veterinary nutritionist, board certified with many years of training, study, and application in nutrition for feline diseases.

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your concern is very much appreciated but I will not risk using Cisapride. It is hard to have my only little one struggle but some things are not worth the risk when there are safer options. Cisapride causes muscle contractions and is mainly used for bowel motility. Pumpkin added worked just fine for Tutu. Cerenia did not work well for Tutu. She just kept drooling. Ondansetron is great for nausea and helped Tutu with constipation relaxing her a bit. I do have a phd nutritionist helping me. She felt Tutu’s blood had improved so much on Lotus rabbit that it was ok to stay on it. It is recently that I looked into the flaxseed situation and was very disappointed with the lack of response from Lotus.

I do not cook for myself as I am 69, disabled and have multiple medical conditions. It is a greater risk for me to have a local company cook Tutu’s food. I am in a situation of harassment and interference in my life. If there is no other option I will do that. I did try to get Just Food for Dogs to cook her food but their nutritionist insisted on tapioca that would have caused cyanide in the food, same problem as the flaxseed.

The reason I am in a situation of harassment is that I myself was injured 27 years ago by illegal military, aerospace classified radiation research and further injured for years by classified nonlethal weapons research. I suspect I was targeted because I had developed curriculum for and taught the first digital photography course in the world in the early 1980’s and was vocal about electromagnetic field health effects during a time when electromagnetic and space based weapons were being developed locally that I was unaware of. I live in the heart of Orange County, CA, the defense industry. I have the engineering and medical evidence of my injury enough that I even met with NASA criminal in the early 2000’s. I got Tutu in 2003 when I found out my own immune system was failing in a way that could cause leukemia or lymphoma. I believe a lot of Tutu’s and my inflammation are from autoimmune problems that originate in the heavy radiofrequency and electromagnetic environment that I have been repeatedly exposed to. There is a limit of what I can do to stop my situation. It is a very long story not wanting to disclose everything on this website. I know my situation sounds unbelievable because there are even times I can’t believe I’m stuck in this bizarre situation!!!

Tutu’s pancreatitis started when she was on a ziwipeak venison and they added in chickpea. It has been bad ever since. Lotus venison was good for a while but I changed to lotus rabbit pate when her kidneys began to fail and that change helped tremendously. Still her pancreatitis is out of control. I am trying Identity because the phosphorus is close to what Lotus was, not great but not as high as other rabbits. Tutu tested negative for allergies to venison, rabbit and shellfish. All other proteins she tested were borderline, borderline positive or positive. It is hard to balance the need for low phosphorus for her kidneys and the need for novel proteins for her IBD. Her kidneys improved tremendously on Lotus rabbit pate and even her liver enzymes were normal however I do not want her to have a chronic exposure to flaxseed and therefore low levels of cyanide that can build up. That can also affect her kidneys in the long term from cyanide chronic exposures.

Identity so far is ok. Her stools are even a little on the softer side. I still wish Lotus would remove the flaxseed as the formula was pretty good for Tutu.

If you want to know more about electromagnetic, smart meter and cellular health effects you can look me up on Facebook - a little Siamese cat with a red background - Joan Salinger- a lot of research links I left accessible to the public.

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think your actual address might be on one of the scans you uploaded, it would be a good idea to delete that and redact your information.
Only lab addresses are on the lab report - Nutridata Lab and Midwest Laboratory are showing ? Please identify which you have identified thanks