Lotus Just Juicy turkey - what the??!!!

ivory

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I am trying to introduce home cooked food I cook organic chicken thigh and use carnivore blend Balance It supplements according to their auto receipe for cats. It is an online program and I think I will continue to do this to build up to one of their meals a day fully cooked per receipe and stay with First Mate. I may try feline natural again, one of my cats did not like it. First mate uses AFFCO standards and cannery is human grade. No supplements from China so far so good. Turkey is a bit watery but the rep said that is because ingredients are free from preservatives, they do use potato and so if I cut back on that food and five real chicken homemade daily per receipe I should be ok. Thanks for your feedback.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I am trying to introduce home cooked food I cook organic chicken thigh and use carnivore blend Balance It supplements according to their auto receipe for cats. It is an online program and I think I will continue to do this to build up to one of their meals a day fully cooked per receipe and stay with First Mate. I may try feline natural again, one of my cats did not like it. First mate uses AFFCO standards and cannery is human grade. No supplements from China so far so good. Turkey is a bit watery but the rep said that is because ingredients are free from preservatives, they do use potato and so if I cut back on that food and five real chicken homemade daily per receipe I should be ok. Thanks for your feedback.
Excellent, that's great that you're doing home cooked and providing the necessary nutrients with Balance It, I'm glad it's working out for you. As long as your recipes are "complete and balanced", home cooked is a far better option since there's no doubt that the kitties are getting human grade meat.

You may also want to consider EZ Complete, a premix that works for both home cooked and raw meals, meets Aafco standards yet without utilizing synthetic vitamins and minerals but instead food based.

Good luck and congratulations. :)

ivory

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Excellent, that's great that you're doing home cooked and providing the necessary nutrients with Balance It, I'm glad it's working out for you. As long as your recipes are "complete and balanced", home cooked is a far better option since there's no doubt that the kitties are getting human grade meat.

You may also want to consider EZ Complete, a premix that works for both home cooked and raw meals, meets Aafco standards yet without utilizing synthetic vitamins and minerals but instead food based.

Good luck and congratulations. :)
Thank you. I will look into EZ complete too. I wish I could go raw but so far home cooked and canned are working. No Just Juicy for me!