Lotus Just Juicy Turkey Stew

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I manged to get a few cans of Lotus Just Juicy Turkey Stew today, wow .... both cats inhaled it! It's shredded turkey (and only turkey - a single protein food) and while the ingredients list "potato starch" there is far less starch than I've noticed in other foods.  For example, just about every can of Weruva's Steak Frites I open, I put it through a strainer - there is so much starchy liquid it looks like potato soup.

Not the case with Lotus. The liquid - very little actually, is far clearer and looks a bit more like a broth than a thick soup (almost like the consume of Tiki Cat).

The ingredients also list "carrots", however,  when I opened up three 2.5 oz cans (yeah, they're small - and the food is pricey, unfortunately) I found only ONE small piece of carrot in each can. It was just turkey, that's it!

I'm thrilled to have found this actually,  I don't know if it's human grade meat but it looks tasty enough for humans to eat.   In the past we had Lotus Just Juicy Pork Stew for awhile, both cats really liked it but now only Mikey will eat it (although I don't feed them pork that often any more but once in awhile). Molly is the fussy one. 

I found this food at a store that's nowhere near my area where I usually get my cats' food. When I checked the Lotus shelf, it looked like they were out of the JJ stew. One of the stock guys checked the stockroom and found a case. "We sell a lot of the JJ turkey stew - we order so many cases of this and it sells out quicker than we can keep it in stock."

I'm hoping we can keep this in our rotation, at least for my Molly who is fussy - Mikey eats mostly raw, he's easy to please.

Anyway, I would highly recommend this.  :)

Turkey, Turkey Broth, Potato Starch, Carrots, Calcium Lactate, Olive Oil, Monosodium Phosphate, Salt, Agar-Agar, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Betaine, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Niacin, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid

ruthm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to see your review;I was just at our pet food store yestereday and saw this food, but was too afraid to try it. Now I will definitely try it, my two kittens like  like stewy type foods so this should be a hit. It is especially nice to hear it smells good, that is a big plus. thanks :-)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am so glad to see your review;I was just at our pet food store yestereday and saw this food, but was too afraid to try it. Now I will definitely try it, my two kittens like  like stewy type foods so this should be a hit. It is especially nice to hear it smells good, that is a big plus. thanks :-)
Great!

Make sure it's Lotus Just Juicy and not the regular Lotus (which I didn't try). The cans look similar but the ingredients are different. Lotus contains oceanfish (or at least the turkey does), however, not Lotus Just Juicy Turkey Stew; it's a single protein.

Last edited:

ghiblithecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This sounds like something my little guy would like. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

ruthm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Great!

Make sure it's Lotus Just Juicy and not the regular Lotus (which I didn't try). The cans look similar but the ingredients are different. Lotus contains oceanfish (or at least the turkey does), however, not Lotus Just Juicy Turkey Stew; it's a single protein.
Yes, the cans certainly do look similar, thank you for pointing that out!  My two kittens loved it, I think we found another food to add to their rotation, thanks :-)