Lots of sneezing, but I think I narrow down the issue to her cat litter.

ap4lmtree

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat started sneezing each day for like 5-10 seconds every so often. I thought she had an infection, so i bought her multivitamins and lysine. For each of those, she didn't eat. I still haven't remembered and tried to smash it into dust and onto her food. Then, I started thinking about other things I changed recently in addition to what causes sneezing.

Then, I remember I changed her cat litter from Up & Up mixed with a single bag of Fresh Step Extreme with Febreze to Tidy Cat with Glade. I changed what I used previous because Tidy cat was on sale for 10 dollars instead of Up & Up for 14-15 dollars. I have been mixing inexpensive brand with Fresh Step in order to lengthen my dollar, but that has turned out not to be a good idea.

I didn't realize and know how important litter is in health, such as sneezing. Previously, I thought any litter would be okay since it is not really an important thing for cats other than them doing something you later throw in the trash.

Well, I tested that Tidy Cat, and I poured fresh tidy cat litter from a cup into the bucket container, and I could smell DUST FOR FIVE MINUTES after I tested that. I was in my room, lying down, and I could still smell dust!!!

Even the next day, I smelt some dust still in my nose, but not as much.

Fresh Step Extreme is okay for me, Up&Up never gave me any problems either. However, Tidy cat didn't work for me. Even on amazon, their other version, the light weight one, it says that it caused their cat to get permanent ashma.

I would use those two brand, but I am trying Arm and Hammer extreme next time, but I will never use Tidy Cat again, especially after reading their light weight one has caused peoples cats to permanently get ashma.

I didn't know how important litter dust was. I learned how it was more important after I kept smelling dust after FIVE+ minutes. WTF

I changed my cats litter to just Fresh Step extreme this morning, but my cat is still sneezing. Maybe in a few days, she will stop sneezing.

This made ME smell dust for over FIVE minutes. I still smelt it some the next day. It is important to get litter that doesn't have dust!! NOW I KNOW

2020-08-09 23.12.35.jpg

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes! We had this same issue, ironically same brand, with Jasper. His eyes and sneezing were HORRIBLE. His third eye lids started showing, eyes were red. We had to take him to the vet for a shot. We started getting dust control litter and the problem almost instantly went away. The thing is, even Sammy and Isabel were sniffly and we've used that brand for as long as I can remember. Part of me wonders if they changed something in the formula, because it's like it went from being okay to something that made my cats miserable.