Lost Pregnant Mommy Cat

llovesjj1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had a very nice stray momma cat come to my house and we fed her for about 2 months her and another male cat that would come consistently we fed her twice a day so we had a really bad hurricane lately and I put her in the basement just Incase she had her babies so she was away from the storm and other animals I did that for 2 nights the night of the hurricane I couldn't find her anywhere it's been about 3 weeks now and she is nowhere to be found my friend is a veterinarian I was going to give her tucks I called her that because she is a tuxedo cat anyways my friend was going to take her so she can take care of her and the kittens until the kittens are old enough for me to have one. I don't know what to do I try to leave food out for her but the other stays will eat it. I shake the treats I drive around the neighborhood everyday faithfully since she's been gone because there's a house where all the cats go to eat but she hasn't been there I posted it on my Facebook its just breaking my heart she's a loving cat but I believe she had her kittens somewhere and the storm washed away our scent I don't know does anyone have any advice any experience with this situation that can help I greatly appreciate it thank you and God Bless!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, how sad! I’m so sorry you went through the hurricane. Was she in the basement through the storm and then you let her out? I’m a little confused on the timing. However, my guess is that maybe another family took her in and is caring for her and her kittens. Let’s hope so! I’m not sure there is much more that you can do at this point.