Lost our beloved kitty

dmdarapt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am sad to say that my family lost our beloved siamese, Mia, on Thursday :-( The vet did some tests and found that she had Pancreatitis, Kidney failure, and bowel disease all at the same time, all incurable conditions. She was in obvious distress but we were able to give her some pain meds to keep her comfortable but we had to put her to sleep. She was very sweet and affectionate right up to the moment we lost her, despite being in severe pain.We may get another cat someday but we will wait until our vacation in May, the poor thing might forget who we are if we leave for 2 weeks! We are strongly considering rescuing a cat from an animal shelter as they are the most in need and also pure-bred cats tend to have health problems like Mia, it hurts too much to loose them.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, but she is fine now, just fine, no more pain or hurt. When you meet again one day it will be wonderful.

Rescuing one from a shelter is a wonderful idea, they are the most in need and will repay you 10,000 times with their love and appreciation.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your hearts heal a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about your Mai.:rbheart: It's a good idea to wait until you've have your vacation that way you have a chance to grieve. It's lovely your thinking of a shelter cat they deserve a forever home.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My family has always had a Siamese in their lives, and I can say without a doubt they are the most personable, chatty, mischievous cats I have ever known. The white one in my Avatar is mostly Siamese, flame point in color, and had the deepest blue eyes I had ever seen. Your little Mia has left big shoes to be filled. The hole in your family, no doubt, is a large one......
I always encourage people to try to fill that hole with another presence. It helps to have something to concentrate on, that forces us to face everyday living, and caring for another living being certainly does that. It in no way tries to replace, or even compete, with the love you have for Mia. Nothing can do that, but rather adds to it, lets it live on by opening our hearts to another who needs us.
Mia lives on through your memories now, her love is safely bonded to your soul. Nothing can change or take away that love, it is a part of your past, so unchangeable. She was meant to be in your life, to have never meant her at all would be unthinkable. She would be the last one, she who loved life so very much, to want you to go forward with your world darkened by grief and tears. Just as you would want for her to go on living if you were the first to go, so she wants for the ones she loved so very much. Remember those famous words that come to us from someone so wise in the past, " Do not cry because she has gone, smile because she was here"..... My heart goes out to you. Time is the only thing that heals a broken heart. She will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers, so send her happy ones of gratitude and happiness. Take care.......RIP beautiful Mia. You will forever be dearly missed, you will have a secure place in loving hearts for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again! Goodnight, sleep tight, little Princess......

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Mia, dream you deep, You walk in someone's heart forever.

You have done the hardest thing we every do...you put Mia's well-being above your own heartbreak, and for that, she blesses you now. In That Place Where All Is Known, she blesses you. And she sends her love, now translated and purified into Love, back to you, where it remains until when, in the fullness of time, it will guide you Home to her.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Empty space is hard to contemplate. Still, if we close our eyes, the space is no longer empty, but populated by happy memories we smile to. Everybody smiles when thinking to Siamese cats, even the ones who never saw one in reality.

Compassion is a River of tears, some said. But smiles are like boats on this River. With joy we carry on.

Hugs and Tears!

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss =( I am thinking of you and your family. It sounds like you did everything you could to keep her with you for as long as you could, and I bet she loved you to the moon and back for it. And then when you needed to do the humane thing, you did. It's not easy. I myself just had to do that a few days ago with my dog. It takes a lot of strength, I know. My heart goes out to you and just know I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

We lost a cat a few weeks ago as well, and we adopted a little kitten. Not as a replacement, but because I truly believe CiCi would have wanted us to give another kitten a home. I think if you chose to adopt, it'll be a beautiful thing.