Lost Our Baby To Fip

GhostieCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

This is our sweet baby Ghost. We adopted her a year ago, mostly to keep our other playful cat busy, since his sister no longer plays with him. All was well until just a couple weeks ago. She didn't eat, didn't play anymore. Her little chirps of greeting and weird grunting noises as she scampered off down the hall ceased to be a thing. Instead she moped around, spending all of her time sleeping. Our other cats seemed to take a notice to her declining state and they also stopped eating as much, our Tux stopped being energetic and playful and his sister spent most of her time hiding. That was enough for us, we took Ghost into the vet to be checked out and after several tests and exploring other possibilities, there only remained one diagnosis that made sense. She had dry FIP. My fiance and I watched as our fur baby declined, getting worse every single day, and then the worst happened. She couldn't even balance herself she got so weak from not eating or drinking. Yesterday, about 12:20 pm, our beloved baby was put to sleep.

I never liked cats before, but my fiance insisted on giving them a try over a dog. I immediately fell in love with them, and never thought I'd be crying my eyes out over a cat. I'm beside myself with grief over losing her, but now that she's gone, I'm at least a little happy to say my other two have responded well. They've gotten more active and aren't stressed out. I think they knew that their younger sister (not biological, by the way) was dying, and they shut down themselves for awhile.

It hurts to know she's gone, but I know she's in a better place, playing with all of the other fur babies before her who have passed on.

Mommy misses you, Ghost. Someday, I hope to see you again soon.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Condolences on splitting paths from Ghost. I have lost kitties to dry FIP - you must have been doing something right to stretch her days out to a year. Dear Ghost is with the ancestors and those yet to be born; she can never be ravaged by that awful disease again. Your tribute is as beautiful as Ghost's earthly presence was. Her collar and pawprints plate are a special memorial - very clever. Godspeed little Ghost :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart and condolences go out to you. I hope you know that you gave that sweet girl what she wanted the most in this world, a family and your love. You made her short time on this earth a happy one, you gave her her world. For taht you will be blessed.
I am so happy you took a chance with getting to know her and to love her, the love of a cat is earned, not something given freely. They do not blindly obey, they are noble and independent, but once you have that love you have it for eternity. She and the others taught you what a cat's love can be, how the bond you have with them will be intertwined with your soul for eternity. She follows a new path now, but she shared your life's journey for a little while and left behind a legacy for you to hold,now it is up to you on how to honor it. Use it and you precious memories of happier times to bring you joy, and to let it bloom and spread in the sunshine and the joy of living, or let it wither in the darkness that grief brings. Time will help soften the sharp edges. Your heart is capable of holding many loves, liker a mother's love for each and every child. Each one unique and precious.You will always have ghost's love. "Death cannot take that which never dies" which is your love for her. she needed you in her life at that moment and you were there, a job well done. Don't dwell on what should have been done, or could have, that is grief taking over. Concentrate on the good she brought to your life and how she changed it in that little time she was with you. she is at peace.
I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, take care of your little family, and know life is so very precious, and none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow. Take care.....RIP precious Ghost, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts, you will be dearly missed. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Ghost, dream you deep. You walk in your mommy's heart forever.

Ghost lived and breathed and had her being in your love. It was her constant companion all of the days of her life with you. And she returned that love to you. And there is the key to it all, for love never dies. It changes form and continues on, still Love. It abides, and Ghost is with you still and forever.

What a filthy, horrible disease this thing called FIP is! One of my very dearest wishes is that someday it will have a cure, better yet, a prevention.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so sad, I am very sorry to hear this, but you gave her a wonderful year and she knew that she was loved. I am sorry that you didn't have her longer....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart: