Lost my cat Shadow 6 months ago

detroitcatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lost my cat Shadow 6 months ago, haven't seen her since. She was traveling with me and got out of the car. I took in 3 kittens since then, they're adorable, still missing my cat though. She went with me everywhere!
img_1498-3.jpg

img_1995.jpg

20E5B6AB-C2E8-414E-9741-3370503AA0F4.jpeg

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

detroitcatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hopefully she is okay wherever she is. I dont know either way. Its been almost 7 months and I looked for a long time had people pretend to find my cat as a scam. I finally found a posting where someone found a cat that I thought was mine and it ended up being someone elses cat. Hard not knowing where she is or what happened after that day, I wouldve thought someone wouldve found her all the other cats outside people seem to find in the area.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, She is beautiful!

Sending you hugs and hope that our words bring you comfort. I pray one day she finds her way back home to you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep trying, you never know. Pay more attention to people SEEING a cat like her in the area and go look for yourself. She would be very unlikely to go to someone. Make sure you keep in touch with the local shelter. Facebook is a good outlet to post a picture of her on, it reaches a lot more people and young people are more likely to be in more places and spot her. Make sure to point out the area where she got out. Most radio stations have lost and found, or even the for sale spots that you could get onto for free and make your plea, that would reach older people who might be feeding her. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, miracles still happen......The not knowing is the worst, my heart cries for your pain.....

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

detroitcatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have done a lot of searching and quite a few torties found over there, just not mine. My shadow would not let other people near her and usually hid from other people so I do not think she would have easily allowed anyone to pick her up or find her. I searched around thinking it was more likely she was in the woods nearby, its off a busy road so I worried that she may have been hit by a car or something. I put flyers around, posted online on facebook and elsewhere with photos and no luck. I went to all the houses and businesses nearby and told them about it and no luck.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dont give up, go back several times and look. Stand still and listen closely. Definitely listen for birds yelling, i have found cats several times following their calls, they spot cats way before we do. My heart breaks for you.....

platty

Hobbyist Bengal Cat Breeder
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have one I lost he just disapeared it would be far easiet if I could have a closure on it but will never know what happened to him so i feel your grief so sorry :(