Lost my buddy today

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to say these are THE hardest posts to read or write. We are all here united by our cats. To lose makes them all suffer. RIP buddy, Mojo -- & to his owner -- may you know your little buddy is awaiting you at Rainbow Bridge.

I've said before and will say again -- if NOT for this belief I'd not be here nor have made it thru so many heartaches. I hope I never again feel the intense sadness and pain of losing a furbaby.

Hardest post and thing I've done today bar none.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EGrunt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So if I read this correctly Daisy and Jake look very similar to Mojo in appearance? Sylvester looks exactly like if you combined Simon a Tuxedo and Sebastian a long haired Chantilly, looks exactly like a 50/50 blend of the two boys so he is a constant reminder that a little piece of them is still with us, hopefully having those two will provide the same small comfort to you. They are not replacements, but gentle reminders of them.
Daisy and Jake look similar to Mojo but Mojo's face is a little bit more rounder. My wife has always gravitated towards the Siamese breed. It is comforting to have having Daisy, Jake , and Tom in the house. While the pain is there of missing Mojo, I am watching them lay and play in the house and it takes the sting of the pain away just a little bit.
61246215385__716DE870-0E81-4F27-92EF-C8FD3457E89D[2873].jpeg

EGrunt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Absolutely stunning and gorgeous kitty!!! Why can't I look like that and that good?
Thank you for the compliment on Mojo. All our cats are indoor cats. Every time we took Mojo to the vet he would always get compliments. Below is pictures of Mojo waiting to see the vet back in March of 2018. The staff loved him and looked forward to seeing him.

Mojo vet visit Mar 2018.JPG
IMG_3914[2900].JPG

EGrunt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a beautiful trio of cats! Thank You for sharing your story. Try to remember that just as you told your wife, Mojo would want you to go forward and be happy too. That is live. Your Mojo rests in peace because of that love.....
Thank you for the compliments of our cats. I will try hard to practice what I preached and remember the good times with Mojo.

EGrunt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today is one week since my buddy (Mojo) has been gone and is across the bridge. Over the past week my wife and I have reflected back on the last 16 years we had with Mojo and we truly will cherish those memories. I found some old pictures when Mojo was a kitten and with his sister GiGi who unfortunately lost her battle with cancer in 2014. We were always worried that Mojo might also have cancer but his kidneys became an issue. We are just happy we had as long (16 years) as we did.

Below is are pictures of Mojo and his sister Gigi, Mojo as a kitten in 2004, and Mojo on a chair in March of 2005.
Mojo Gigi March 2005.jpg
Mojo kitten.jpg
Mojo March 2005.jpg

EGrunt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It has just been over a month since my Mojo has been gone. I have had some decent days but the pain is still present. I still have days or should I say nights when I go to bed that I am waiting for Mojo to join me while I read articles on my iPad, I miss those times the most. I have found other picture of Mojo I like to share with you. When ever I would be on PC, Mojo would either jump up in my lap and demand I pet his stomach or I would pull out the sleeve for the desk and he lay there. He was a one of a kind cat and he truly missed.
IMG_0064[2915].JPG
IMG_0016[2884].JPG
IMG_0028[2917].JPG

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
A month is such a very short time but it probably feels like 10 years have gone by. My pastor and also a psychologist friend told me that it takes about 1.5 years before you truly start to deal with the loss and feel somewhat better, and I found that to be pretty accurate. But no matter how much time goes by we never forget them or what they were and meant to us, always in our hearts and memories and memories last forever..... :rbheart:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness just saw ‘Sylvesters Daddy’ under your name! Used to call my boy Chester Sylvester 😽😽
Ha ha!! Yes that's my baby boy Sylvester, and at times "Vessie" or "Ves" or "Vesser" or "Boo Boo" or "Cutie pie" or other names that I seemed to have come up with lol! :clapcat: :lol:

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ha ha!! Yes that's my baby boy Sylvester, and at times "Vessie" or "Ves" or "Vesser" or "Boo Boo" or "Cutie pie" or other names that I seemed to have come up with lol! :clapcat: :lol:
We have a list of about 30 names per cat 😬 My fave tho for Chester was Chezwar Tabinarquar which was his Spanish name 😽❤

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think all of us always feel there was something we could have done, sadly sometimes its not enough. I went through this with the family dog years ago and the vet said it was kinder to put her to sleep than try to prolong her life (she was 12). I myself have a 7 year old cat and he is my best friend, I just hope when it's time (and hoping its a long long time) I have the strength to help him over the Bridge with dignity. I also hope I'm not going to grasp at straws to needlessly prolong his life for a short time if he is suffering, because that would be thinking of myself and not whats best. I just want to offer my condolences on the passing of your handsome boy. He is at peace and will be so happy to see you many many years from now, thats what I believe anyway.

EGrunt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If there is one thing I would have changed and it pains me to type it, I would have had my buddy Mojo make the transition across the bridge the day earlier. He was already going down hill and I should have listened to my wife but she knew how close I was to my Mojo and I was hoping for a miracle. I kept repeating to Mojo as he laid on the towel next to me that I was sorry I had put him through this as we waited for the vet office to open.

I miss and love you Mojo.
IMG_0094[2881].JPG

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I look at the pic all I see is a cat that lived a great life, had wonderful guardians, you loved him and he loved you back. Take comfort in knowing that you gave him a wonderful life and was he was happy. Once again so sorry.