Lost my best friend

BDaLLaS1121

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His name was pepper he just turned A year old i never thought in my wildest dreams that i would ever love a pet so much. he would wait tell i came to bed so he could rub his face on my cheek then he would be off to patrol out side when i came home from work he would find me and lie down and watch tv with me he was very smart and he trusted me with his life.i got him when he was 5 weeks old and we became best friends.. my mistake was letting him go outside when there was a older and bigger tom cat lurking around.I don't want to tell the rest of the story you already know what happen anyway the infection from the bites he got on his face were to much and the vet had to put him to sleep. it's been 3 weeks and i still can't keep thinking about him , i feel like a wimp there will never be another cat like him this sucks i hate the way i feel ..

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss! Please dont blame yourself. He would want you to remember the good times you had together. He is a part of your family that you wont forget.

I pray you find peace and healing with time. :vibes::heartshape:

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved feline friend, Pepper. It sounds like the two of you had such a special bond together and that you were his whole world. You gave him love, attention, fun times, and also the freedom to roam around and be a cat. So many cats would love have the life that he had with you, so please, be happy with what you gave him.

Pepper is looking over you and he will not let you be lonely, for when the time is right, he will guide another kitty friend your way.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are many things in life we will never understand, losing a special friend like Pepper is one of them. The hurt can take your breath away, the pain of a broken heart is one that never goes away, you learn to live with it.
You gave Pepper what he wanted most in life, someone to love. That love is spiritual so will be forever a part of your soul. He will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. He was in your life for a reason, and though the hurt is unbearable right now, in time you will take comfort from your good memories and truly appreciate what he taught you, how to love.
Try not to dwell on all those what-ifs and should-haves. It changes nothing and only brings pain. Try to concentrate on the good he brought into your life, celebrate him, and let the love he left you be shared with another in time. In this way you keep his love alive.
My heart goes out to you. Know there are many here who have lost loved ones, you are not alone. we all understand the pain of loss and will be here if you need a shoulder to cry on, take care.....RIP dear Pepper. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
3 weeks is nothing when you have loved and cared for Pepper. In many ways, as tough as they are, they are fragile in many ways, and the world has many perils. Sadly, sometimes we just can't save them from all of them. But you loved him and he knew that. He crossed the bridge peacefully. Take whatever time you need - IMO, 3 weeks is a very short time.

FatPanda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I just found your post as the same thing happened to my baby three days ago. I can't eat or sleep. I feel guilty in the single moments where I'm not thinking of him. I can't bear to think of my future without him. I know exactly how you feel. It's physically painful. I'm sorry for your loss. Our vet told us about this website which may help you too: Pet loss support from the Ralph Site

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Pepper, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever,

This is what I know to the depths of my being, that love does not die, it only changes and continues on, still Love. And Pepper's love for you, now translated and purified into Love, is with you still. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. Now Pepper is in That Place Where All Things Are Known, and he knows your regrets. His only sorrow is your sorrow, and because Love understands, would want you to set down your guilt and remember him with joy, as he remembers you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BDaLLaS1121

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss! Please dont blame yourself. He would want you to remember the good times you had together. He is a part of your family that you wont forget.

I pray you find peace and healing with time. :vibes::heartshape:
Thank you I sure hope the pain goes away but i will never forget him..

BDaLLaS1121

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are many things in life we will never understand, losing a special friend like Pepper is one of them. The hurt can take your breath away, the pain of a broken heart is one that never goes away, you learn to live with it.
You gave Pepper what he wanted most in life, someone to love. That love is spiritual so will be forever a part of your soul. He will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. He was in your life for a reason, and though the hurt is unbearable right now, in time you will take comfort from your good memories and truly appreciate what he taught you, how to love.
Try not to dwell on all those what-ifs and should-haves. It changes nothing and only brings pain. Try to concentrate on the good he brought into your life, celebrate him, and let the love he left you be shared with another in time. In this way you keep his love alive.
My heart goes out to you. Know there are many here who have lost loved ones, you are not alone. we all understand the pain of loss and will be here if you need a shoulder to cry on, take care.....RIP dear Pepper. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
Thank You..Very much

BDaLLaS1121

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved feline friend, Pepper. It sounds like the two of you had such a special bond together and that you were his whole world. You gave him love, attention, fun times, and also the freedom to roam around and be a cat. So many cats would love have the life that he had with you, so please, be happy with what you gave him.

Pepper is looking over you and he will not let you be lonely, for when the time is right, he will guide another kitty friend your way.
I hope that is true about when the time is right he will guide another kitty my way,He was special i have never had a friend like him his personality was almost human i heard that cats souls come back in new born kittens i hope that is true.. when i dropped him off at the vet's he looked at me like he would never see me again it was shortly after this virus started and they had to come out to my truck to pick him up and i couldn't come and see him he was there for almost two weeks i know he thought i left him in his time of need..all i can think of is his poor face and him looking at me like that i said don't worry pepper i won't let anything hurt you...oh man this sucks it's been awhile and i still feel so guilty and i miss him bad.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You never meant at all any of this to happen, you didn't know..... Pepper carried your love with him, and he always will. He can never be replaced, but you might want to open your heart to another little one who so badly needs to be loved. It is a welcome distraction to a broken heart and lets some of the anguish out. Pepper will guide you.......

kc1_cat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Really sorry for your loss. I feel you. I lost my cat Apollo 3 days ago. We had him for 15 years. He is the one with the white spot on his chest in my sig pic. I have so many good memories of him and that is what I think about. Lost his brother Cosmo 2 years ago. Both had cancer. Time will help. You will never forget Pepper. He is always with you. You will see him again. R.I.P Pepper my friend.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope that is true about when the time is right he will guide another kitty my way,He was special i have never had a friend like him his personality was almost human i heard that cats souls come back in new born kittens i hope that is true.. when i dropped him off at the vet's he looked at me like he would never see me again it was shortly after this virus started and they had to come out to my truck to pick him up and i couldn't come and see him he was there for almost two weeks i know he thought i left him in his time of need..all i can think of is his poor face and him looking at me like that i said don't worry pepper i won't let anything hurt you...oh man this sucks it's been awhile and i still feel so guilty and i miss him bad.
He did not think you left him. By that point, he was already on his journey. I think animals know, much like people know, when the time is very near. He did not see you as leaving him there. He knew it was part of his journey. After all, he knew you loved him, therefore it would not make sense that he would think any action from you would not be one of love. You will see him again one day.