Lost my best friend, im devastated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much will2002,I gave him the best life I could but unfortunately the time came that I had to say goodbye, it's the toughest decision I ever had to make and I know deep down it was the right thing to do, thank you and God bless.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry.

Yes, you absolutely did the right thing. He had too many things wrong with him and there was no way he was going to bounce back. He was already showing signs of death approaching, you made the suffering go away. I can't think of a better gift to give a good friend. He knows what was in your heart when you had to make that painful decision, (animals are like that) he knows that you didn't want him to suffer anymore.

One day you will see him again and it will be like he never left.

Last edited:

Dawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm doing my best and I appreciate yours and everyone's responses because it really does make a difference in the way I'm feeling, God bless you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Boo, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Sixteen wonderful years together...but...where there is love, an eternity is not enough, is it? But I will repeat, yet again, the deepest truth I know, that love does not die, it only changes form, and continues on, still Love. Boo's love for you is now translated and purified into Love, and will remain with you. For Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we make this horrific decision, try not to think of it as ending a life, but ending unending pain that will only get worse. When there is no cure, when living becomes existing, when the joy of living is reduced to struggling to get by, it is time. To prolong a life that is filled with suffering is cruel, it is prolonging that suffering for no reason other than our own longing to keep them with us as long as we can. But at what cost? With his staring, and no doubt his change in normal behaviors, his body was in the process of shutting down. This isn't a fast thing to do, sometimes it takes a very long time and is only filled with confusion and pain. But our hearts often overrule our common sense, when it is OUR love, OUR emotions involved.....
His love is bound to your soul. His love is a part of that soul now and will be forevermore. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers, his love will grow stronger with your happiness and any new loves you add beside his. Just as you would want for him if you were the first to go. "Death cannot take that which never dies", and you know in your heart that is true because that is what love is, a spiritual entity that is a very part of us. Do not underestimate the strength of that love. Let it help you find the strength to find the path to healing, to let his love once more be a joy in your life, not a sorrow. You are extremely fortunate to know his love, to have it in your heart. If you would have never met at all, what a loss to your soul. So make an effort to celebrate his life, not allow his death and the grief that follows, to take over your life. He would never want that, he treasured each and every moment of his life with you, for all those years. That will continue for all the years remaining in your own life, and beyond.
My thoughts and prayers are with you both. I know how much this hurts in the beginning. Each and every life is precious, when they leave they take a part of us with them. Bless you, for loving him so much to hurt so bad, it takes a long time to mend a broken heart. Take care of yourself.......RIP beautiful Boo. You will NEVER be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Dawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you di and bob that was very special what you wrote and it means a lot to me,I appreciate it very much, God bless

Dawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When we make this horrific decision, try not to think of it as ending a life, but ending unending pain that will only get worse. When there is no cure, when living becomes existing, when the joy of living is reduced to struggling to get by, it is time. To prolong a life that is filled with suffering is cruel, it is prolonging that suffering for no reason other than our own longing to keep them with us as long as we can. But at what cost? With his staring, and no doubt his change in normal behaviors, his body was in the process of shutting down. This isn't a fast thing to do, sometimes it takes a very long time and is only filled with confusion and pain. But our hearts often overrule our common sense, when it is OUR love, OUR emotions involved.....
His love is bound to your soul. His love is a part of that soul now and will be forevermore. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers, his love will grow stronger with your happiness and any new loves you add beside his. Just as you would want for him if you were the first to go. "Death cannot take that which never dies", and you know in your heart that is true because that is what love is, a spiritual entity that is a very part of us. Do not underestimate the strength of that love. Let it help you find the strength to find the path to healing, to let his love once more be a joy in your life, not a sorrow. You are extremely fortunate to know his love, to have it in your heart. If you would have never met at all, what a loss to your soul. So make an effort to celebrate his life, not allow his death and the grief that follows, to take over your life. He would never want that, he treasured each and every moment of his life with you, for all those years. That will continue for all the years remaining in your own life, and beyond.
My thoughts and prayers are with you both. I know how much this hurts in the beginning. Each and every life is precious, when they leave they take a part of us with them. Bless you, for loving him so much to hurt so bad, it takes a long time to mend a broken heart. Take care of yourself.......RIP beautiful Boo. You will NEVER be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
But our hearts often overrule our common sense, when it is OUR love, OUR emotions involved, this really hit home because I was really struggling to make the decision because I kept thinking maybe he can hold on for a little while longer and I could be with him but I realized I have to do what's best for him and not for me.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Beyond even forgiving you, he blesses you for releasing him, for helping him take those first steps through the Gate between This Adventure, and his Next Great Adventure. And he knows what that cost you. Ease your mind of guilt...he does not want that.

Dawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you .

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
When I lost my Lena I found a pet grief counselor online. She no longer practiced but gave me
an amazing piece of advice that I still use. She advised me to write down in a journal all the things
I remember about her, Cute, funny, etc. I still have the list for her and my other babies. There is a
thread here about memories when you're ready.

Be kind to yourself..grief takes a lot out of you.

Love,
Mia💖🙏

Dawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Mia,yes it is going to take me alot of time,the morning is extremely hard after I wake up cause reality sets in that he is no longer here.