Lost my best friend, im devastated

Dawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lost my cat who I've had for over 16 years 5 days ago. He had alot of health issues, heart murmur, hyperthyroidism, kidney disease, IBD and was just recently diagnosed with a aggressive form of cancer. I took him in for his last service once I started seeing him have the symptoms of the cancer. He started to hide,just sit and stare alot and he wouldn't eat. I told myself once I seen these symptoms I couldn't let the cancer just keep ravenging him. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do and the most heart wrenching. I'm having an extremely hard time coping with it,I can't think about anything else and I cry throughout the day, everyday trying to cope and I just feel awful hoping I didn't do it to soon,im devastated. The picture of him was about a month before he passed.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry his name was Boo

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
D Dawson . I am so, so terribly sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you are going through right now. I think that you did the right thing, and I am sure you would not have wanted Boo to suffer in any way at all. He is such a beautiful kitty. Just know, that though you will never stop loving him, missing him, and remembering him, the pain will get easier. Take your time in grieving. You have my sincerest condolences. :hugs: :alright:

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
D Dawson . I am so, so terribly sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you are going through right now. I think that you did the right thing, and I am sure you would not have wanted Boo to suffer in any way at all. He is such a beautiful kitty. Just know, that though you will never stop loving him, missing him, and remembering him, the pain will get easier. Take your time in grieving. You have my sincerest condolences. :hugs: :alright:

Dawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate it.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boo was beautiful, I know the pain you are feeling I lost my 23 year old man recently. My heart breaks knowing how much you are suffering. Many people found some comfort in this very touching post When the moment comes...

prayers for you and your sweet boy. I believe that when the time comes we will be reunited with our beautiful furry friends

Dawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you zed xyzed,that means alot.

Dawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also thanks for the post,when the moment comes, it's comforting.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Boo was sooo beautiful!! I am so sorry for your loss. Cry as much as you need to overcome your grief.
Someone is always hear to listen.

Love,
Mia xxx :hugs: :alright: :rbheart: 💖

Dawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Mia6

Dawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I appreciate it.

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. I just lost my baby so i feel your awful awful sadness and pain. They are such a part of us and our daily lives that it really crushes the soul to lose them. I can't stop crying either.. I wish we had some power to help ourselves feel better at these times but nothing works.. only time... but time takes time... I pray for you and your kitty xoxo

Dawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks tbtra,you are so right, it hurts so bad I don't know how to cope. I know it's gonna take time but it's so hard,it's like loosing a family member and everything reminds me of my precious Boo. I'm sorry for your loss also,all we can do is hang in there.

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thats all we can do and it's so hard. And i know..thats the hardest part... we see them every where... We were so lucky to have them and love them... i wish they never had to go :( I hope your heart will be ok

Dawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you lost your wonderful little friend, he had a good long life but no time is ever long enough. He is fine now, just fine, no more health issues, and when you meet again one day it will be wonderful.

Google Holy Basil and Ignatia Amara, natural ways to help cope with the loss, grief, sadness and stress.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Dawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot and I will google what you recommended cause I could use all the help I can get to try to cope,thank you.

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sixteen years is a long life for any cat. However...sixteen more years wouldn't be half enough for our little friends. You made a tough, but right decision for Boo. When there is nothing but pain and more pain in the future, there is no future! You did the most difficult thing any human can do for a pet in our care. Boo knows you had to love him to do that!

May you find peace knowing that you did a wonderful thing few people can accomplish by helping Boo to have so many good years on this old planet...God bless you.