lost kitty?

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat, Twix, is a six month old Tortoiseshell, She's not spayed, she saw the door open and ran outside with a male cat, I don't know If she'll come back or not, she has done this twice but I've found her after two days every time she ran away.. This time, she's probably in heat.. Her behaviour was strange and I've seen her with that male cat a lot of times in my backyard... Anyway, when I went out to look for her, she was nowhere to be seen.. But, I saw that cat she ran away with.. I can't find my little Twix anywhere.. She's name trained and I've called her name but I still can't find her, I know she's not stuck or hiding somewhere because there's nothing to hide in near my house, no garages, no shelters, no bushes... I'm just afraid someone took her.... Last week, a boy around 12 was trying to catch her, My mum and I tried to stop him but he kept scaring my poor little Twix so she went somewhere far, but my auntie found her.. I don't know, what if that boy caught her? But, she never ever goes near to people she doesn't know, it takes full 20 minutes to catch her, she's really clever... my other cat is trying to find her and keeps crying.. Well, can anyone help me find my little Twix? Or just please pray that she comes back home safely? Please [emoji]10084[/emoji]

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@OreoTwix

I'm so sorry she's run off.  If she is in heat, she will be harassed by the outdoor cats.

I think you need to  walk and look and call her name.  Walk farther than you think she would go.

If you have a picture, maybe print a poster with tear-off strips with a phone number and post these as many places as you can

Call all of the animal shelters and vet practices near you and give them a description or picture.  

Veterinary offices will usually post lost cat notices as well

I do think she will be back, but it could take a few days until she is out of heat.

When she comes back, I think you should have her spayed.  

She might already be pregnant, but spaying her right away would not be dangerous for her.

Your parents must realize how much more work a litter of kittens would be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
My three cousins want her kittens.. My little cousin got a 10 weeks old kitten from her mum's friend two weeks ago, but the kitten kept hiding and wasn't eating anything so she had to give her back to her mum's friend. The problem is, I can't get my cat spayed, there's no vet near my house.. I'll wait a month or two because now I have to study for my finals, then after I'll ask my mum to get Twix spayed... I just hope she comes back, cat owners do know how bad it is when their cat get lost.
I hope she's alive and safe wherever she is, I'll go out to look for her after my breakfast. It has been 25 hours since she went out.
She might be hungry :( My mum thinks Twix can't find her way back but she might come back because most cats remember their houses. Thanks for the help! :)

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My 9 years old cat, an indoors pet, had a couple of trips to my neighbours house thanks yo muy father leaving the window of his bathroom (and the two Doors leading there) open.
My cat didn't go too dar, but ir was difficult to find him because he was hiding from other cats under my neighbours' house. Both times I had to go calling for him at around 3 a.m., so that he could feel safe and get out of his hole. So I would recommend waiting until most people are in home and noises decrease before going out and calling her. You do not need to shout, just use your best persuasive voice. If you have a plastic bag with treats, and she recognizes the sound, shake it while you call her.

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sending prayers and vibes that you soon find Twix safe and sound very soon. In a previous thread, someone else here at TCS had suggested asking St Francis for an intercession and after a few days, the cat was found safe! I need prayers that my Siamese mix kitten Sherpa returns - she went missing last night: she is spayed and vaccinated so my concern is about predators.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well wishing for Twix's safe return. Different situation but my boy went missing for 4 days and came home. My sisters cat was missing for a month before he came home. Both cats were older and male so different situations. But don't give up on Twix coming home. If she is in heat she will likely come home as soon as it ends. If she uses a litter box normally you can try leaving it outside to give her a scent marker to help find home.

When she comes home it would be a good idea to spay her as soon as possible. She is very young and having kittens is a risk to her health at that age. Just my two cents. If you want her to have the kittens if pregnant then make sure to give her extra food so her body has enough nutrition for her and the kittens.

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 9 years old cat, an indoors pet, had a couple of trips to my neighbours house thanks yo muy father leaving the window of his bathroom (and the two Doors leading there) open.
My cat didn't go too dar, but ir was difficult to find him because he was hiding from other cats under my neighbours' house. Both times I had to go calling for him at around 3 a.m., so that he could feel safe and get out of his hole. So I would recommend waiting until most people are in home and noises decrease before going out and calling her. You do not need to shout, just use your best persuasive voice. If you have a plastic bag with treats, and she recognizes the sound, shake it while you call her.
I've tried everything, I heard her meows but I don't know where she is :(

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sending prayers and vibes that you soon find Twix safe and sound very soon. In a previous thread, someone else here at TCS had suggested asking St Francis for an intercession and after a few days, the cat was found safe! I need prayers that my Siamese mix kitten Sherpa returns - she went missing last night: she is spayed and vaccinated so my concern is about predators.
I'm sending my prayers for your cat to return home safely.
I've been crying from two days, now its the third day since Twix is missing..
I don't know what I would do if I never find Twix :(
I do have my other cat but, I've had Twix from 6 months and in these 6 months, I promised I will never ever let anything bad happen to my cats. I miss Twix so much, I keep crying...

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well wishing for Twix's safe return. Different situation but my boy went missing for 4 days and came home. My sisters cat was missing for a month before he came home. Both cats were older and male so different situations. But don't give up on Twix coming home. If she is in heat she will likely come home as soon as it ends. If she uses a litter box normally you can try leaving it outside to give her a scent marker to help find home.

When she comes home it would be a good idea to spay her as soon as possible. She is very young and having kittens is a risk to her health at that age. Just my two cents. If you want her to have the kittens if pregnant then make sure to give her extra food so her body has enough nutrition for her and the kittens.
Thank you.
No, Twix doesn't like litter boxes so she doesn't use one, she goes out for that.
First time she ran off, she was 5 weeks old, I found her in the park near my house, she was playing with a kitten there. She didn't remembered me, but when I pet her head, she started purring and then everyday I would play with her for at least 5 hours so she doesn't feel lonely.
Next time she ran off was last month, on my birthday.
I thought she died or something and I didn't even smiled in my birthday pictures. Two days later, my mum found her with my granddad's cat (who Twix ran away with this time), my mum called her name and Twix came running in the house.
Now she ran away and this time, I've lost hope. I don't know if I should or should not but I don't think she'll ever come back.
I'm gonna try calling her name today and see where her meows are coming from, she's near my house because I can hear her little meows but I don't exactly know where she is; in someone's house or just living in the streets with all the stray cats?
I want her back... :(

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
CatsFurever CatsFurever as long as you can Heat her, do not give Up. Cats are clever, but they can be idiots todo, sometimos. Raist would not come back for six days, even though he called me and I would go where he was, being him food and talk to him, sitting on the floor. He would let me Fred him and touch him a little bit, but not taking him home, until I maanged to convince him the sixth night. He was spayed, though, so it is not exactly the same.
I Guess that Twix just wants some adventure, but in the end, most cats prefer living with their human slaves rather than in the streets.
Make her remember how nice food can be, malta chips usually work wonderfuly. It sounds to me that she is doing exactly what Raist did: calling you to join her in her funny adventure outdoors.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An unspayed female will keep running off until she gets pregnant. That is entirely possible at 6 months. They can disappear for up to a week and the toms are not nice to them at all, injuries can happen. when she comes home have her spayed as soon as possible, or this will keep happening.  Walk around and look for any gathering of cats, males will gang up on a female.  Make sure you look UP into trees, she may be up one and can't get down. Look into any possible places she could get locked up in, I locked two of mine in a shed yesterday! If you can hear meows try with all your might to follow them, she could very well be locked up somewhere. Good luck, I will pray for her safe return. 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In your other thread you thought she was actually pregnant, and delivering babies now. If so, she might not come to you. You have to follow her meows and find her and her nest. The whole family needs to come inside and stay inside.

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
My aunt and mum said Twix might've had kittens and is living someone else's house, they tell me they have kept many cats (that's true, my mum and aunt had like 7 or 9 cats), they keep telling me Twix will be back because some cats change places when they're with kittens. One time my almost 7 month old cat had kittens for the first time and she kept hiding and changing places, one day she's in bathroom, next day she's in basement. That was our old house though, this one doesn't have basement. And then she took her kittens in someone else's house and that was exactly same thing as this. She didn't came home for 1-2 weeks, and then suddenly I heard meows, and looked in the backyard, and there was my cat with two beautiful kittens.

I'm getting Twix spayed as soon as I find her.
I'm just asking to pray for her or something, not tell me she should be spayed, I know that..
I haven't even eaten anything since today morning because every time I think of her, I start crying :(

Last edited: