Lost Kitten

klp023

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello All,

We have a stray cat that lives on our property and she has 3 kittens (about 8-12 weeks). Yesterday there was a bad storm and one of the kittens got scared and ran up a tree. When it finally came down from the tree, it ran to the bushes on our neighbors property but it's quite far from under the shed where momma and babies have been living. Now we are supposed to be getting thunderstorms the next 3 days. My concern is how will the baby get back to the mom? The baby is very skittish. The mom only brought the kittens to us 1 time and they got spooked. Other than that I've not seen them wander to far from the shed. I'm worried if we go looking in the bushes it will only chase baby off further. I have cameras around the property and last night before it started raining mom cat went looking but didn't find her. She was so close to where the kitten went in the bushes, but then it looked like something spooked her. I'm worried that with the rain we're getting the mom won't look anytime soon and the kitten won't come out or will run off from the thunder.

Any suggestions? Thank you! I'm so worried about the baby! It's wet and chilly and it has no food.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Until some of the more knowledgeable cat lovers who deal with strays and ferals come along, I can only offer that perhaps you reach out to your neighbor and see if they (or you) could approach that area, heading in your direction, maybe that might cause the kitten to run back onto your property? I would have them take a blanket with them in case the kitten doesn't move and they could catch it to bring it back to it's mom. They might even take some food with them, and see if that would entice the kitten to come out from hiding.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klp023

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

The mom cat found her baby on her own. When I checked my camera she had been circling the yard and eventually they reunited! The baby seemed happy and I have seen her playing in the yard since.