Lost Cat :(

Mabo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

My cat ran away yesterday morning (Friday 20). I left the window a tiny bit open (I blame myself and know I am stupid!) and went to bed. My husband has a smoking habit and usually smokes in the balcony and closes the window before sleeping. This wasn't the case on Thursday night. I woke up to find my cat missing. Each morning she will purr and meow for food. We have looked everywhere all yesterday and this morning. We have looked in the dark we have looked at dusk we have looked midday. Even when I am not out looking for her I am sat at the balcony watching the street. We searched for her with a torch and her favourite toy while calling her name softly.

Although we adopted her from the street (she was 4 months when we adopted her and now is 9 months), she has never showed any interest in going out and even feared leaving the house when we tried to get her out. She would claw us and run back into the house. I live on the first floor of an apartment complex. I have left all my windows open in the hope that she may climb up (there is a shop below us which has a 'umbrella' which can help her climb)

I have spoken to the local people in the area, notified the town halls animal authority, contacted the newspaper (they can only print her on front page on Monday), used social media to trend her in the area and made missing notes of her to stick around.

I live in Batman (Turkey), a small town and to be honest although some feed stray cats most have little concern for pets.

Please please can I have information on what else I can do. The world has literally stopped for us since yesterday morning.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I hope you find her!!

Put out some of her favorite food, and something you slept in, your PJs preferably. Hopefully the smell will help her find his way home.

Look everywhere. Under decks, in trees, small tight spaces. Ask if you can check your neighbors garages and sheds (maybe they accidentally shut the door, trapping cat inside).

See if you can put up a sign in the local shops (Especially one below you)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mabo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've put out her favourite foods :( Other cats eat it within 20 minutes of me putting the food out :(

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flyers everywhere, preferably with a picture if you can. Put the cat box (uncleaned if you haven't already cleaned it) and some unwashed clothes next to the open window. Cats have a terrific sense of smell.
Hope you find her soon

Mabo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We found her!!! We found her hidden under a bush scared stiff. Got her home asap she ran to her food ate 2 bowls of wet food and is now eating her dry food. She also drank a lot of water. She is acting a little odd however I put that down to her being scared. She seems healthy, everything looks find. She has some thorns and dirt on her fur which I am thankful for! I will take her to the vet on Monday. Thank you so much for all your replies!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad she is home! If she isnt spayed, she was likely out mating. You may want to discuss having her spayed when you take her for a check up.

Mabo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was spayed around 7/8 weeks ago. However weirdly she was yowling for 2 days and behaving like she was on heat before she escaped. I want to get her checked as I found her behaviour strange.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That does make me wonder if they left a shred of ovarian tissue behind. That can happen, even here where spaying is routine. Have her hormone levels checked. That should give you the answer.

heartintx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I currently have a kitty missing for 2 weeks so I know how terrible you feel. we found our baby when he was 2 days old and bottle fed and raised him and he is 7 months old. The fact your cat is indoor only he is most likely in fear mode right now and unable to respond to you even if he wanted to. They can stay this way 4-10 days. I know it is hard to believe our cats won't come if they hear us, but really they just can't. I hired a pet detective and she gave me so much good information even though we didn't find our kitty. I am not giving up but feel so hopeless. Our other cat has gone away for up to 2 weeks when we lived in Virginia and she always came home. We live in Texas now and surrounded by woods so it is a little scarier out there. I hope you find your baby. Keep searching leaving food and the liter box out.

Mabo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, she was behaving like she was on heat 3 weeks ago too. I will have her checked on Tuesday (Monday is a national holiday here) for hormones.

Heartintx - I am so so sad to hear! I hope you find him :(
Yes when we found our cat she was scared stiff. There was other cats running away and when we called her name she froze and didn't respond. I am praying you find your cat :(