Lost Cat (need Help)

katarina12309

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
About 3 days ago I noticed my cat went missing Im assuming over night. I wish to gain more advice in finding her. I have put two litter boxes outside my house in two areas where we would guess she went. I also have put a bowl of hard cat food out side. One night I left it out and there was no food. I was under suspicion that a Blue Jay has been eating it. But I did leave a can of Sheba cat food over night that was infact eaten but i did not suspect the Blue Jay as the left over of it did not seem to be eaten by a bird. I walked around the neighbor hood shaking a container of her favorite food and went in near by back yards. I really need help and advice in finding her.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Be SURE to contact local shelters, animal control, and local vets. Even if she is microchipped, some facilities do not (and I find this absurd) routinely check for a chip. Be sure to search the area at night using a flashlight so that you can see eyeshine. If you have photographs, make posters for your neighborhood, and extend out a little further than you might think. Cats have pretty large territories. Some radio and local television stations have a "Lost and Found Pets" segment as part of their news program. Call and check into that, as well. There is an internet group that someone has mentioned twice now that puts you in contact with others in your immediate neighborhood, but for the LIFE of me, I can't...let me go look, hang on...here it is...
Nextdoor is the free private social network for your neighborhood community.

it isn't specifically for lost pets, but just puts you in general contact with others in your neighborhood.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If your cat is normally an indoor only cat chances are she hasn't gone far. Check in bushes and anywhere a small animal could hide. If your neighbors have basements, garages or crawl spaces you'll want to ask if you can check those spots as well. If you have posters put up around the neighborhood make sure you change them out every few days. Use different photos and keep the information short and simple "MISSING CAT" photo and address/phone number.

My cat was missing for 4 days and my sisters cat went missing for a month. Keep looking and trying. Good vibes that she makes her way home soon. :vibes: