Lost both 'rissa and Silk this year

Ravensong

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
'rissa died in June and Silk on Saturday. I had to help both transition; they had gotten to the point where they were so weak they couldn't walk. (Silk is the tortie).

I can't say too much more right now, 'cause it is so painful to talk about. But thanks for hearing me and being here. June 1 2020 Silk Birthday.jpg rissa01142018.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They were together in life, and couldn't bear to be apart. They will now be together for eternity......
Although it hurts so very much to let them go, when life comes to the point of existing it is time. Somehow, through your love, you found the strength to let them go. It is a testimony to how strong that love is, and always will be.
They will always thank you for sharing your life with them. Through you they found care, a good home, and most importantly someone to give their love. That love is spiritual, so eternal. They will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. You share a tiny bit of their soul and they will live on through you now, so send them thoughts of love and happiness, not tears and sorrow. They would never want that for someone they love so very much, go forward into life and seek it's happiness and joys, just as you would want for them if you were the first to go.
They are safe now, at peace because they have your love. You will have your beautiful memories of happier times to bring you comfort. Do not dwell on their ends, do not make their deaths more important than their lives. That can never be, life is so much more important and precious.
The bond you have with them will never be broken, "Death cannot take that which never dies", the bond of love will forever be a part of you.
It will be hard, to not have them in your physical life. The routines of life are important to us all. Keep busy and let your soul grieve. Time is the only thing that helps dull the sharp edges of sorrow. You will never get over this, you will learn to live through it. You will gain strength through your pain, and in time will realize that though they are gone from your life, they will never leave your heart and soul.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know how much this hurts. Although the loss is personal and unique, it can be empathized with because sooner or later everyone will stand in your shoes. Life is so precious, that is why it is so hard to give it up. Live fully each and every day that is given to you, it is a gift, and sharing a love with those two beautiful little ones is the greatest gift of all......RIP precious 'rissa and Silk. you will never be forgotten, you will forever hold a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry for your loss.
di and bob di and bob - your posts always bring a tear to me, so beautifully worded.
It would be cruel to see either of them suffer.
I know it is v difficult and many of us have felt such overwhelming grief with the loss of a pet.
You are not alone and one day in the future there will be another fur baby who needs a home and a parent.
Sending hugs and strength x

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Babies, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I have no words. To lose two so close together is just overwhelming. But you did the hardest thing we ever do...you put the wellbeing of these cats above your own heartbreak. You stayed at their sides as they passed through the Gate between This Adventure and their Next Great Adventure. Now, from that place where All Things Are Known, they understand that last, great act of love and bless you for it.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so horrible that you had to do that and in this awful year too, but you did the best but albeit hardest thing to do, they are fine now just fine, no more hurting, and when you meet again they will say "thank you" and it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

So very sorry for the losses, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
di and bob di and bob wrote so wonderful words that I can't say anything more.
Their bond couldn't be broken, they had to go together again.

I'm so sorry for you for having to face this unbelievable pain twice in a short period of time, I don't know if I could stand it.
Hugs to you, I hope they help, and a warm kiss to both your cute kitties.