Losing yor best friend

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I  just lost Simon my BEST FRIEND yesterday. Simon was an older rescue to me. I was lucky to have him for the last 5 years of my life. He was about 10 at the rescue time according to the vet. He waited to I got home tonight from work for me. I got home at 1:25am. He could not walk at this point. I put him in my arms around him and held him and kissed him told him how much that I love him.. I noticed that he was not moving but still warm in my arm. Simon was my very best friend within my 5 cats. I was going to put him down in the morning as he was a rescue and could not walk. He died in my arms while I watched TV. He passed to the Rainbow Bridge while he was in my arms. I feel good that he did not die alone. Please RIP my sweet Simon. I will always remember you always 
    Any comments would help me with my pain.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss. At least he wasn't alone. 

catconcern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss. Rip simon. Honestly, you and him had the perfect ending. He didn't die alone, he died with you feeling your love as you were holding him. He died a peaceful death. That's a very beautiful departure for both of you. Much love s2r

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I came home at 1:30 am ET. He was a sitting under a table that was uncommon for him. He was in my arm while I watched some TV. He was squirming around while in my arms. He passed to the Rainbow Road with NO issues  at 3: 00AM. I hated to transport my cats remains to my Vet ?.    

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He died while I held him at about 3 o clock . I want to tell tou that  We are hiring

we

catconcern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. I wish you love and peace during this tough time.

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. I am glad he waited for you, so he could be held in your loving arms & comfort at his time of crossing.  

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. The pain can get so bad at times, it takes a very long time to mend a broken heart. I'm so glad you were there at the time of his passing, I'm sure it comforted him greatly to be with the one he loved and adored. You showed him what love was and gave him a wonderful home, bless you for giving him that. Please know we will be here for you, we can share your  grief and help you in any way we can. These beautiful cats are a part of our families and it tears our hearts in two to have to part. Please take care and kiss your other babies for me. RIP beautiful Simon, you were loved and cherished!

blackcat416

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

This is my Mamma Pooch who I got when she was 16. Mamma passed away in March just 28 days short of her 20th birthday. I have 6 other cats but Mamma was special and really attached herself to me and me to her. Unfortunately she did pass in my arms but while at the vet to be put down. Her kidneys had failed. I feel your loss and empty feeling. I have beautiful pictures of Mamma Pooch on my wall so I can look and talk to her every day. I have found talking about her on the cat site helped me with my grief and sorrow. Her ashes now sit on the shelf with all my former feline children until I walk the rainbow bridge myself. I felt very comforted having her in my arms as well as she passed this world, watching her little tale wave good bye to me until the end. I still miss her and await the day we are reunited.

When an animal touches your heart as Simon has touched yours, it's comforting to have them leave us in the safety and loving arms of ours. May your memories of Simon be always with you.

spiralsong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He was a beautiful boy. I think ... That if you believe that there is another place, another level, and that is where we go when our souls leave our bodies ... It is much easier to take. I'm loosing one myself at this moment , I told her to give Simon a nice cuddle when she gets there...she is Kali Rani... 17, all black, and she was a gorgeous girl . Xoxo

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was a beautiful boy. I think ... That if you believe that there is another place, another level, and that is where we go when our souls leave our bodies ... It is much easier to take. I'm loosing one myself at this moment , I told her to give Simon a nice cuddle when she gets there...she is Kali Rani... 17, all black, and she was a gorgeous girl . Xoxo
I pray she has a peaceful journey, please give her a kiss for me. My heart goes out to you and all of the grieving hearts in this forum. Bless you for loving so much.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My heart goes out to you. It sounds like Simon crossed over just the way he wanted to, surrounded by your love. RIP, Simon. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry, the pain can be awful. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, please go to the 'crossing the bridge' forum and post a tribute to your beautiful baby.

runekeeper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry your kitty had to leave you, especially when he wasn't all that old. But the way in which he went is how many pets and humans alike wish they could go: quietly, and with someone they love. It sounds like he passed away peacefully, and unlike some cats that choose to go and hide when they know their time is drawing near, he waited for you in a place he knew you'd find him so he could have some last-minute snuggles. He may have only been with you for a few years, but I guarantee they were the best five years of his life. Sometimes it's not about how long we have our fuzzies, but the quality of the time we have with them.