Losing weight after baby (a bit of a brag)

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just have to celebrate a bit...

On April 11, I weighed in at a whopping 226 pounds! I was 4 days past due, but I was measuring 5 WEEKS past due! lol

Anyway, on the 12th, they started the induction and it continued a second day seeing as baby girl didn't want to drop down into the birth canal. At 12:33 pm on the 13th, I delivered via c-section. Amber weighed in at 9 pounds, 3 ounces and measured at 21" long!

I waited until the swelling went away before I weighed myself (two weeks later) and gingerly stepped on the scale expecting the worst (still in the 200s)...only to see 186 on the scale.

That is a weight loss of 40 pounds in two weeks! I gained 60 pounds total, so I was only 20 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.

I weighed myself yesterday and found I'd lost another 8 pounds.
So my total weight loss is 48 pounds in 4 weeks, and I'm 12 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.

I'm not BFing or exercising. I'm drinking plenty of water, watching what I'm eating and recently signed up for Weight Watchers online. My first goal is my pre-pregnancy weight, but my ultimate goal is to get back down to 140 pounds (which is about a size 10 or large size 8 for my body type).

I am so excited to lose the weight and can't wait until I get the all-clear to exercise and try to tone my abs a bit to get rid of the jiggly belly, lol.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't post too often, but I had to for this... That is AMAZING! I hope I can drop the weight like you have! I (so far) have gained 45-50 pounds and I am only 30 weeks! I have to lose the weight and get myself back in shape for the Army but I know it's gonna be hard.

You should be so proud of yourself!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I know how awesome that is. I gained 35lbs with Landon, and at my 6 week appointment, I had lost 40 and am now 15lbs under my pre pregnancy! Keep going - you're doing great!

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Geez, I hate you...J/K.

I am still trying to loose my baby weight. She just turned eight in January...LOL.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay! That is awesome!!!

I think I lost 30-40lb in the first week...I'm forgetting these things now. I think it might have been like 30 the first few days or so and then 40 after. I lost a ton of weight in the beginning of my pregnancy; so I didn't really go too far above my pre-prgnancy weight. But unfortunately since then I've yo-yoed back and forht with my weight. I don't even want to know what it is right now!!

Please let me know how you like doing the weight watchers online! I know a good friend of my mother's used them a while back and lost some. Unfortunatley she needed surgery to really help her (which she just had done this last year). But I know she did like some of the recipes and things. I'm curious if it's worth it for me to try that. I'm just afraid I won't follow through I guess. :eek:\\

Oh and PS....I still have some jiggly belly. That and my other "mommy parts" took the longest to go down; but they have. Remember you didn't get that way overnight so it won't go away overnight.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Way to go!!! It's so nice to start feeling normal again

The jiggly belly is very hard to lose I'm sorry to say. Your tummy muscles get very stretched, and they may not ever go back to normal, which means you may never get a flat tummy again - or it may not look quite the same. So exercise and eat well, but remember that your body has been through a lot, and you're beautiful no matter what - especially in your daughter's eyes!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!
I had my baby boy back in Jan, and i managed to lose 10 kgs 2 weeks afterwards and the weight hasnt budged since. But i am BFing.

Sarah, i didnt appreciate my tummy before, but I SO MISS IT!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow congrats!

BTW you ladies make me jealous! Though I don't exercise like most of you. lol Took me awhile to lose the weight. It was mainly in my belly, Still have the jiggle but trying to stand straighter to hide it more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! I'm just super excited because I really only expected to be, MAYBE, 20lbs less than where I was while pregnant. I figured if she was 9lbs, that's more than half what they say to expect, so I upped my expectation, lol.

I don't expect the belly to be perfectly flat like it used to be, but I figure if it's a bit more firm than it is now, that'd be great...or at least smaller, lol. I pretty much expect to wear Spanx or something similar for the rest of my days to make sure my clothes fit nicely again. I'm wearing a pair of regular jeans that were big on me pre-pregnancy, but they zip and button without too much effort, but I do have a muffin top right now. I'm really hoping that they'll fit a bit more loosely in a few weeks.

I've been trying to take Amber for walks but it's getting hard to do that this week because we've got a heat wave going on (mid-80s with lots of humidity). I did take her this morning before it got too hot, though.

I figure if I can start with 10-15 minutes of walking, I can work my way up to even longer.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Congratulations!!
I had my baby boy back in Jan, and i managed to lose 10 kgs 2 weeks afterwards and the weight hasnt budged since. But i am BFing.

Sarah, i didnt appreciate my tummy before, but I SO MISS IT!!
I didn't have a great tummy before so I guess it was easier for me to take!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I didn't have a great tummy before so I guess it was easier for me to take!
Mine wasn't awesome but it was kind of a "soft" toned belly, which means it wasn't sculpted but my husband said it was sexy, lol. Now he looks and says, "OMG, what did I do to you??"

Yes, he still lives.

But I think my stomach was decent because growing up my mom always said, "Suck in your gut honey."

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

Mine wasn't awesome but it was kind of a "soft" toned belly, which means it wasn't sculpted but my husband said it was sexy, lol. Now he looks and says, "OMG, what did I do to you??"

Yes, he still lives.

But I think my stomach was decent because growing up my mom always said, "Suck in your gut honey."
Oh my gosh let me at him!!
At least he knows its his fault!
Unfortunately for my husband 10 years ago when he met me I did have a decent body; I slowly got this way!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

He may live but did you, at least, smack him silly???

Congrats on the weight loss! It's fantastic!
(And you're not bragging....not at all! You're proud of yourself and you should be! Kudos!)

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

He may live but did you, at least, smack him silly???

Congrats on the weight loss! It's fantastic!
(And you're not bragging....not at all! You're proud of yourself and you should be! Kudos!)
Nah, because I know what he meant by it.
He was really just commenting on the fact that we both know the stretch marks are really bad and the c-section wasn't something I wanted.

At least he didn't say it within the first week, otherwise I probably would have just cried for hours.

And thanks!! I'm excited to be losing the weight so quickly. If the weather holds up, Amber and I will be taking a walk today.
I love that we can do that and I'm exercising without really exercising.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And thanks!! I'm excited to be losing the weight so quickly. If the weather holds up, Amber and I will be taking a walk today.
I love that we can do that and I'm exercising without really exercising.
Just wait until she's really active... then you'll be so busy chasing her around that the pounds will really fall off! That happened to me

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm...maybe I should hop on the scale and see if that's done anything for me Kenz! Cuz this one has been so crazy the last week I should be stick thin!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Hmm...maybe I should hop on the scale and see if that's done anything for me Kenz! Cuz this one has been so crazy the last week I should be stick thin!
Do you want to borrow Landon? He's been running around since about 11 months. I'm tired