Losing our Bertha

pharber-murphy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow Bertha will be euthanized. She has an inoperable lump on her throat that her vet has reluctantly admitted is cancerous. Having Mr. Grimsby (the cat in the photo) euthanized a few years ago gives me some experience with this, but I'll never be properly prepared. We love our cats and they love us. The least we can do is ensure they never suffer needlessly. Thank you for these thoughts on this very, very sad day.

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about Bertha. I know we all want to try everything we can before we make that decision. If this can help, my cat George, that you see sitting on the ladder, also had a large lump on his throat, that the Vet said was lymphoma. He offered chemo and no guarantee. I decided to try a holistic approach while he was still comfortable. I gave him Essiac tea everyday and massaged the lump twice a day with castor oil. And it dissolved after 30 days. It reacted the way others who have tried this said it would. My prayers are with you and Bertha.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My prayers also......no words can help with the consuming grief that takes over at times like these, may God watch over you both....

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss, I am sure that she had a wonderful life with you and when you meet again one day it will take up right where it left off.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Each and every loss is a personal, lonely time because each love is between two hearts. The bond you have built over the years is spiritual, so eternal, Bertha will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers. The greatest tribute we can offer is to remember and mourn those we have lost, in this way they are kept alive and live on through our own love.
There comes a time when living becomes a struggle, it turns into existing with pain and suffering. Through your own love you somehow found the strength to end that pain, and she will be eternally grateful. When there is no cure, life becomes increasingly unbearable, and we cannot stand by and allow that to happen......
As we would want if we were the first to go, so Bertha wants for you. For you to live the rest of your life as it is meant to be lived, full of happiness and joy. Do not let the end dominate your memories, it makes it more important than her life, and that life was so much more, full of love and everything that made her who she was. That 'essence' that made her Bertha will forever surround you, she left a piece of herself behind to bring you comfort, replacing it with a piece of her own heart. Know that she was meant to be in your life, to have never met her at all would be unthinkable.
My heart breaks for your pain, I know how much this hurts. Let us share your burden and give you a thank you for making that sweet girl's life one worth living......RIP dear Bertha. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!