Losing my mind, bar downstairs playing music so loud my apartment vibrates!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ducman69

I would go down to the police station in person and just be very friendly and polite, and explain the situation.

Just let them know that this is a constant and repeat issue that is getting to the point that you're at a last ditch effort before being forced to move out of your home.

Tell them that since it is so reliably loud, that you'd like to speak to someone in charge and schedule them to come by at a certain time.

The neighbors were able to do this a few years back to get a cop posted on the street to catch this guy in a Camaro with an illegal exhaust that was reliably street racing. Sure enough, he was nabbed, and since it was explained to the officer that this is a very frequent problem and danger to the neighborhood the guy got the book thrown at him instead of just a regular slap on the wrist for a first offense. Cops are first and foremost PEACE OFFICERS, and their primary job is just that not law enforcement but keeping peace in the neighborhood and persistent noise pollution all through the night is in direct violation of that.
This is NYC, they don't respond to this, noise complaints are a joke basically........

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never understood why people think they have a right to invade your space with their noise! You should not have had to buy all those things to try to make your apartment livable -- your landlord should have done that, and also whatever else was necessary to solve the problem. It's insane to expect anyone to live in a place that is regularly bombarded with such high noise levels. I'm sorry this is happening to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I've never understood why people think they have a right to invade your space with their noise! You should not have had to buy all those things to try to make your apartment livable -- your landlord should have done that, and also whatever else was necessary to solve the problem. It's insane to expect anyone to live in a place that is regularly bombarded with such high noise levels. I'm sorry this is happening to you.
THANK YOU.......This is exactly what I feel.........
I am loosing it because of this situation. I have quite nights Sunday through Wednesday, and as soon as Thursday comes I get anxious and know that at some point in the middle of the night, 10 - 4 am the music is going to become so loud that my apartment vibrates, it's basically a muffled version of downstairs, to the point of you can hear the lyrics and especially feel the base to the point of apartment vibrating! My last 311 city filed noise complaint I didn't receive an email verification which makes me wonder if it ever went through. I spent 45 minutes on hold just to make the complaint, atleast I have a confirmation no. from the operator.
I'm at my wits end......Maia is more worried about me getting so upset then the noise.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There has to be some sort of device that measures the decibels. Then you would have some hard evidence.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess they do it because they can get away with it.

Like so many things; if there are no consequences people have no reason to follow the rules.