Losing My 4th Cat In Less Than A Year

A.w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tonight I need to put down one of my babies and my heart is totally broken.

We had an ultrasound done on her a week and a half ago and all 4 vets who looked at the results were quite shocked with whats going on in there... The lining in her stomach is so thick that she can barely take in food or water herself. I've been feeding her by hand and syringing water multiple times a day but this isn't the life I want for her... She still purrs when I pet her and it absolutely shatters me to have to let her go...
I've barely gotten over the death of the 2nd cat i lost this year, let alone the 3rd and now
soon to be 4th. :'(

Screenshot_20180818-141925.png

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a simply gorgeous cat.

I'm so incredibly sorry for all of you - you are taking on the duty that nobody should have to do, that most of us have had to, and your situation is stretching the bounds of everything.

Yet here you are, still able to think of her :redheartpump: and her quality of life.

You are an amazing person, and I'm glad to have met you here, however briefly.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She is, and will be forever, lovely.

My heart with yours. This is the most unselfish thing we ever do, to help our beloved cats take that first step on their new Journey without us, knowing how desperately we will miss their physical presence in our lives. My heart with yours.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This is absolutely too much for one to have to bear, I don't know why this is happening to you but there must be a reason, but it is just so so sad, I am sorry that you have had a terrible year. But they are all fine now, just fine, it is you who is hurting and we understand why, but with time and love and support and prayers things will get better, the sun will come out again one day. I am so sorry for your loss and hard road to bear.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your sorrow has been quadrupled this year, more than your grieving heart can bear. I pray you can find some measure of comfort in that they will be all together once more, as it was for so many years and will be now forevermore.
There comes a time when living becomes an existence. Your precious little girl was and is so good at hiding her pain, at hiding her loss of joy in living. Somehow you will find the strength in your love for her to end that pain, and add it to the burden that is already heavy on your soul.
All of your sweet little ones thank you for the life you gave them, the wonderful home filled with love and family unity. For sharing your life's journey with them for a little while and knowing in your heart that although they now follow a new path, it will forever be joined to yours until the end of time. The bond of love you have with each and every one of their tiny souls can never be taken from you. "death cannot take that which never dies".....your love. Your have been made so much richer for have knowing them, for having them in your life. To have never met them at all would be tragic.
It hurts, it hurts bad when they have to leave us. Try not to dwell on the end, do not give it more importance than the life. The life you spent with them is so much more precious and rare, it should rise above all other memories and give you comfort in your time of need. You have gained so much more than you have lost, now concentrate on sending them thoughts and prayers of joy, of love, not tears and sorrow. Not one of them would ever want to bring you such sorrow. They love you way too much for that, live as you would want for them if you were the first to go.
My heart breaks for your unending sorrow.It is almost too much to endure to have to go through this 4 times. But you have 4 times the love to hold in your heart, and 4 times the memories to bring you comfort. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, may the good Lord hold them close and keep them safe, until you all meet again!

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you're going through this. There's a condition called broken heart syndrome that they've finally acknowledge in people. I believe it exists in animals too. When soulmates and spouses have shared lives together for years and are very close, when one dies, many times the other dies shortly after or within a year after.
I had two beloved cats for many years. We all left my home that I grew up in, one of them lived in my dorm room in college with me. They went to graduate school with me, we moved several times from a tiny studio, to larger apartments to finally having my mom and her two cats move in with me when she became disabled. Me and those two cats were a little family for years, even with my mom and the other two, my two stayed with me and slept with me all the time. They died two months apart, both of cancer at ages twelve and twenty.
Between 2015 & 2017 I lost five cats and my large dog. Three of those cats died the summer of 2015, May 1, June 9 and late July. I hadn't thought the three that died so close together were particularly bonded, but obviously something was going on. One had an awful infection and probably cancer and the other two had different kinds of cancer.
Then my beloved dog developed a paralyzing soubal disease in August so I spent five months caring for him until he died in February 2016 right after I had surgery. Then I had to move. Another beloved cat died in October 2016 three days before I had to have a bigger surgery. Then my beloved Inky died after many surgeries and daily care June 5, 2017.
They're all together again now, as your beloved cats are or will be. You have four lifetimes of memories and four beautiful souls waiting for you at the rainbow bridge who will love you forever and always be in your heart.
I know how tough it is to lose many in a short time but maybe they want to be together. You're still a good owner and they still love you. Most of mine had cancer or like my dog genetic disease that you can't prevent. All you can do is love them and take care of them the best you can while they're here and try to make the last days comfortable and peaceful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

A.w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a simply gorgeous cat.

I'm so incredibly sorry for all of you - you are taking on the duty that nobody should have to do, that most of us have had to, and your situation is stretching the bounds of everything.

Yet here you are, still able to think of her :redheartpump: and her quality of life.

You are an amazing person, and I'm glad to have met you here, however briefly.
Thank you so very much for this. I'm sorry I never responded, I needed some time to heal. I'm doing much better although I'm still very broken about the loss of my 4 babies but I find comfort in knowing I gave them the best life I possibly could.

I'll be forever grateful for your help and kindness throughout this journey. You've gone above ans beyond and I can't thank you enough!!

A.w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you're going through this. There's a condition called broken heart syndrome that they've finally acknowledge in people. I believe it exists in animals too. When soulmates and spouses have shared lives together for years and are very close, when one dies, many times the other dies shortly after or within a year after.
I had two beloved cats for many years. We all left my home that I grew up in, one of them lived in my dorm room in college with me. They went to graduate school with me, we moved several times from a tiny studio, to larger apartments to finally having my mom and her two cats move in with me when she became disabled. Me and those two cats were a little family for years, even with my mom and the other two, my two stayed with me and slept with me all the time. They died two months apart, both of cancer at ages twelve and twenty.
Between 2015 & 2017 I lost five cats and my large dog. Three of those cats died the summer of 2015, May 1, June 9 and late July. I hadn't thought the three that died so close together were particularly bonded, but obviously something was going on. One had an awful infection and probably cancer and the other two had different kinds of cancer.
Then my beloved dog developed a paralyzing soubal disease in August so I spent five months caring for him until he died in February 2016 right after I had surgery. Then I had to move. Another beloved cat died in October 2016 three days before I had to have a bigger surgery. Then my beloved Inky died after many surgeries and daily care June 5, 2017.
They're all together again now, as your beloved cats are or will be. You have four lifetimes of memories and four beautiful souls waiting for you at the rainbow bridge who will love you forever and always be in your heart.
I know how tough it is to lose many in a short time but maybe they want to be together. You're still a good owner and they still love you. Most of mine had cancer or like my dog genetic disease that you can't prevent. All you can do is love them and take care of them the best you can while they're here and try to make the last days comfortable and peaceful.
Losing pets is an absolute sin. If only they all lived as long as we do... Thank you for taking the time to share this, although I didn't respond right away, it helped me a lot when I was going through my grieving process.

You're a very kind person and I appreciate you taking the time to write all of this out to help me!

A.w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your sorrow has been quadrupled this year, more than your grieving heart can bear. I pray you can find some measure of comfort in that they will be all together once more, as it was for so many years and will be now forevermore.
There comes a time when living becomes an existence. Your precious little girl was and is so good at hiding her pain, at hiding her loss of joy in living. Somehow you will find the strength in your love for her to end that pain, and add it to the burden that is already heavy on your soul.
All of your sweet little ones thank you for the life you gave them, the wonderful home filled with love and family unity. For sharing your life's journey with them for a little while and knowing in your heart that although they now follow a new path, it will forever be joined to yours until the end of time. The bond of love you have with each and every one of their tiny souls can never be taken from you. "death cannot take that which never dies".....your love. Your have been made so much richer for have knowing them, for having them in your life. To have never met them at all would be tragic.
It hurts, it hurts bad when they have to leave us. Try not to dwell on the end, do not give it more importance than the life. The life you spent with them is so much more precious and rare, it should rise above all other memories and give you comfort in your time of need. You have gained so much more than you have lost, now concentrate on sending them thoughts and prayers of joy, of love, not tears and sorrow. Not one of them would ever want to bring you such sorrow. They love you way too much for that, live as you would want for them if you were the first to go.
My heart breaks for your unending sorrow.It is almost too much to endure to have to go through this 4 times. But you have 4 times the love to hold in your heart, and 4 times the memories to bring you comfort. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, may the good Lord hold them close and keep them safe, until you all meet again!
Oh my, simply re-reading this makes the tears flow al over again. What a fantastic and amazing person you are to take the time from your day to send me such a sweet and thoughtful message during my hard times.

Thank you so very much for this. It helped me in more ways than I'm able to express!

"Try not to dwell on the end, do not give it more importance than the life."

A.w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is absolutely too much for one to have to bear, I don't know why this is happening to you but there must be a reason, but it is just so so sad, I am sorry that you have had a terrible year. But they are all fine now, just fine, it is you who is hurting and we understand why, but with time and love and support and prayers things will get better, the sun will come out again one day. I am so sorry for your loss and hard road to bear.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:
Thank you so very much for your kindness during this difficult time. I'm still grieving a bit but time has healed my heart a bit <3

A.w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is, and will be forever, lovely.

My heart with yours. This is the most unselfish thing we ever do, to help our beloved cats take that first step on their new Journey without us, knowing how desperately we will miss their physical presence in our lives. My heart with yours.
Thank you so very much for your support <3 I very much needed it!