Looking to Rehome Lucy In Coeur d'Alene, Idaho - Anyone in North Idaho?

Tsnap

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm looking to rehome my cat Lucy who is a black turkish angora.

I've had her for 4 years now, and she's a very sweet and well behaved cat. She can be a bit clingy sometimes, but otherwise she's a really good cat. She is indoor/outdoor, spayed, wet food only, and I'm looking for an experienced cat owner that has a yard and will allow her to go outside.

I work full time and go to school, and I simply can't give her the attention she wants, so she's alone a lot.

She is about 5 years old, and we originally adopted her from Priest River animal shelter.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Tsnap !

I might have a suggestion for you.....I'll know better in ~24 hours.

In the meantime, perhaps a few pictures of her could help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tsnap

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Tsnap !

I might have a suggestion for you.....I'll know better in ~24 hours.

In the meantime, perhaps a few pictures of her could help.

Hi there!

Sure here's a pic of her, she's a bit bigger now and a few years older, but it gives you an idea:

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH MY! She's gorgeous! I do hope White Shadow can come through for you!

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK - T Tsnap - I was able to get some local information for you. I've sent you a message with the details.

All paws crossed for you both!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tsnap

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh thank you so much! That was so kind of you and very helpful, I really appreciate it. I will look into possibly taking her back, I have a few local people that may be interested in her, so I'll start with that first. Thank you again so much for your help!

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey T Tsnap - about this part:

I have a few local people that may be interested in her.....

Let me put something to you. Unless you know those folks personally - meaning that you know their character, community 'status', trustworthiness, stability, financial ability to care for Lucy - I would urge you to have serious, second thoughts about going down that road.

One factor you may not have considered so far is something that experienced cat rescuers/HS staffers know all about is the potential for putting cats into danger (unwittingly, of course) around the Halloween 'season'.

Just today, another TCS member who is working on kitten adoptions wrote this:
"...we do not want to give kittens to strangers so close to Halloween. We might give them away at the end of September, or at the beginning of Nov....."

And, I think the fact that Lucy is a black cat gives extra weight to those concerns.

Sometimes folks are reluctant to return cats to shelters, imagining that they'll languish there.......the reality, though, is that Lucy is eminently adoptable! She's young, healthy, very sociable, and attractive - an adopter's dream!

[Did you know that the trope of black cats not being adopted has been debunked and proven to be a myth? It's true!]

You know, the folks at PRAR and Kootenai are experienced in screening potential adopters. Those "local people that might be interested"....you could just as easily direct them over to the shelter and be professionally screened there. Personally, I know that I'd sleep more soundly having done it that way!

Just a few thoughts I hope you'll consider.

iloverescues

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm looking to rehome my cat Lucy who is a black turkish angora.

I've had her for 4 years now, and she's a very sweet and well behaved cat. She can be a bit clingy sometimes, but otherwise she's a really good cat. She is indoor/outdoor, spayed, wet food only, and I'm looking for an experienced cat owner that has a yard and will allow her to go outside.

I work full time and go to school, and I simply can't give her the attention she wants, so she's alone a lot.

She is about 5 years old, and we originally adopted her from Priest River animal shelter.
Hi I know about Priest River Animal Rescue and their policy and adoption contract does say that whoever adopts from their rescue needs to bring the pet back to them and not rehome the animal. I strongly suggest you contact them to make an appointment to bring her back. They will be happy to take her.