Looking to adopt out 8 Cute playful Kittens around the San Antonio Texas area

SnowbabySuperCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Reaction score
Hello everybody, our cat recently gave birth to 4 kittens, and we rescued 4 others that were hours away from death that were abandoned by their injured mother. 7 boys and one girl, We've taken care of these little angels for about 10 weeks now, and they are ready to be adopted, they are completely weaned onto kitten kibble and eat very well. They unfortunately are not vet cared however, they have no shots and have not been neutered because we do not have the financials to cover any of the necessary predispositions, but they are healthy non the less!

I post this here because i don't know where else to go online in terms of putting them up for adoption. And i have serious, serious trust issues when it comes to giving up these vulnerable kittens, my family has been pressuring me to hand them out to neighbors but i fear for their lives giving them out to people that have no idea the type of commitment they are getting themselves into, or end up being careless etc. If i adopt out these little ones i just want to make sure it is somebody that is well knowledged and are fully willing to love and care for them. That is all. I am worried sick, i have a deadline of a week before giving them out to neighbors is inevitably my only choice.

Thank you all so much for reading, take care and God Bless You.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Reaction score
In Houston we have Houston area cats&kittens and austin pets alive to join and post good luck!

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, and Ferals
Super Cat
Reaction score
San Antonio has A LOT of options for spay/neuter, including many FREE options!

I know you’ve already dealt with the kittens by now, but please look into SA spay/neuter services and get Momma fixed also she doesn’t have kittens again!

Thank you for rescuing the abandoned litter!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SnowbabySuperCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Reaction score
San Antonio has A LOT of options for spay/neuter, including many FREE options!

I know you’ve already dealt with the kittens by now, but please look into SA spay/neuter services and get Momma fixed also she doesn’t have kittens again!

Thank you for rescuing the abandoned litter!
Actually, I still have all of the kittens! Minus Snow baby he got adopted out, but the other 7, no luck. I love them so much, little Angel's full of life.

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, and Ferals
Super Cat
Reaction score
Actually, I still have all of the kittens! Minus Snow baby he got adopted out, but the other 7, no luck. I love them so much, little Angel's full of life.
Post on Nextdoor.

Also search on Facebook for SA adoption/rehoming groups. There are quite a few.

SA Cat Rescue should allow you to join/post. When you do, ask what other Facebook groups people know of that might help you find homes (because I can’t remember them off the top of my head at the moment, but someone in SA Cat Rescue will know).

Google how to vet potential adopters (what questions to ask, etc). Sometimes looking at online adoption applications for local rescue groups can give you a good idea of what you should ask.

Also charge an adoption fee. This helps to weed out people who may be irresponsible or worse. $50-75 per kitten will do (I personally give a price break if someone adopts more than one kitten).

One way to help them get adopted is to have their basic care already taken care of.

This means spay/neuter, rabies vaccination, and kitten vaccinations (at least the initial one). Even more so if you can get them microchipped, dewormed, treated for fleas, and tested for FIV/FeLV.

But just neutering and vaccinating is a big help all it’s own, and again, I can help you with resources for that (so can SA Cat Rescue). The adoption fee will essentially cover these expenses in most cases!