Looking to adopt 6mo kitten--2.5 lbs!!

nicoleandwhizzer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,

This is my first time posting here. I have a six-month-old kitten named Whizzer who is a 9-pound DSH tabby (I'd be shocked if he didn't have Maine Coon in him). His foster mom called me the other day and told me his littermate is ready for adoption. Whizzer had two other littermates who were of comparable size but this one, Kiki, is 2.5 lbs. She hasn't had any medical issues but does have some interesting features, like a large head with a small muzzle, short back femurs, and a long spine. It's possible she has some form of dwarfism, but I wanted to ask a community of experienced cat owners if anyone has had a kitten like this who did not have a medical issue? I have no problems adopting her anyway...my previous cat Ollie died of a rare medical condition the day before his second birthday. Thanks so much! I've attached pics of both kitties individually as well as together so you can see the size difference.
3025F243-DF2D-4EBC-B85C-569A106577E8.jpeg
17FA63A6-BC0E-4C92-B439-4F501ACDF665.jpeg
B5DFB6B1-FB57-4F1F-8245-4C0EE00D00E0.jpeg
E66E468F-4ECC-4E6E-9D81-48F66DAAD27E.jpeg

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Not all breeds have the same body structure. So perfectly normal. They are all beautiful. Long time ago my friend took care of a stray she named Tiger. Sweetest cat with a tiger head. He would walk away after eating constantly meowing quietly. My cat Coco,his girlfriend and father is a domestic tabby. Very mixed. Her face is small and a smooth toungh. Short legs so she doesn't jump much though very playful. Maggie is long,big green eyes and ears. Also domestic tabby. Other people on this site breed so they will know more. Peaches is my smallest cat,7 pds

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nicoleandwhizzer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I don't think I'd be nearly as shocked if not for her brother's size, though I do think he is exceptionally large for his age. I don't think I've ever seen such a size difference in kittens from the same litter!

Oh,and welcome to the site! Kittens are so fun to watch growing up