Looking into the Cyprus cat breed

Laura36678

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think due to it not being registered as an "official" breed, it doesn't have much info. I'm drawing more cat litter art and I thought about having the father cat be a Cyprus. Only issue is there isn't much info I can use.

The mother cat will be a tortoiseshell and I'm looking for both proper kitten looks and what would be a realistic look for the dad. I thought about making tortie kittens with like grey instead of red but idk.

*Btw, kittens will be identical twins

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
You’d be best off just looking at Cyprus street cats for reference, Aphrodite/Aphrodite’s Giant cats are still fairly early on in development, so their breed standard will likely be evolving, as they currently don’t appear to have a super consistent look. Plus it’s hard to find photos of cats that appear to definitely be the breed, rather than just Cyprus street cats, or a cat of a completely different breed taken by a website at random.

Edit: here’s the site of a breeder that works with the breed, including their current breed standard, though that’s available on the relevant TICA et.al websites, anyway. • APHRODITE CATS • Cattery Kicia.eu • they do currently work straight from street cats from Cyprus, though, by the looks of it, so take from that what you will.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Laura36678

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so, it seems they don't really have "unique" looking pelts other than being moderately fluffy.

What combination of the two cats would create the most unique looking pelt colors? I'll include a picture of the female cat.
Kits older (2).png