Looking for three tier cat cage in or near California

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to confine my kitties during the kittening and weaning stage of my breeding program. We have had problems in the past and confining them to a room of their own is not working out. As much as I hate caging my babies, I need to keep them and their babies safe and secure.

I do not have much money, so it would have to be very affordable. We have had some family problems and money is very tight. I have three litters coming and could pay after the kittens are sold, but right now we are strapped.

If you do not have a cage, suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you all,

Teresa

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I dont know if it would work but there is one in the Dr foster catelog for around 120??

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have found alot of stuff on ebay. Also some of the freecycle through yahoo occasionally have cages. Check it in your area. There is NO cost to you at all. Sometimes people just need to get rid of the their *stuff*

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I foster, and my cat cage is actually two dog cages wired together, on top of each other. There are two shelves built of 12 deep wood, with a few screws on the end. Then the shelves sit firmly inside, so the babies can be in a box on the floor, and the food and water can be on an upper shelf. It also gives Momma a place to sit up away from the babies, but keep a close eye on them.

I do have a separate room, so rarely close the cage door, but do like the option of being able to close a Mom in with her babies. Also being able to contain the kittens when needed is very helpful.

Even if you don't find a 3 tier cage, if it is tall enough you can easily add the shelves!

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, excellent idea! I have a new kitten (yes in addition to Zazou feral momma to be!) The new one is 9-12 wks old. Very nice kitten, but
I was concerned about her and Zazou in the room together.

za doesn't like her much, they've
had hissies and now sort of leave each other alone...

This will be great for confining her. I have a large dog kennel
on loan - so i can now use the extra height and add shelves
for her! Thanks so much!!!