Looking for male cat to mate with

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Reaction score
Hi,
Your cat Bagel is so pretty :loveeyes:! Kudos to you for rescuing her! Those eyes!!!
Unfortunately, due to the overpopulation of cats in world, it would be better for Bagel and the many cats out there for you to just go ahead with the spaying procedure. There are soo many cats in need of homes out there and breeding her will just add to the population... She will be much happier and it will prevent illnesses such as tumors in the future. She will not know that she has lost anything in not being able to have kittens and will become much happier, sweeter, and more pet-like. Of course, this is your kitty and you can do whatever you like with her, but it is generally not supported to breed non-pedigree kitties. She is a beautiful cat though! :loveeyes:

Norachan

Staff Member
Reaction score
Bagel is gorgeous! And so lucky to have been rescued by you.

Unfortunately there are a lot of other cats in the world that aren't so fortunate. There is a huge population of unwanted stray or feral cats in the US and many more waiting in shelters for a good home. Sadly thousands of cats are euthanized every year because there isn't the space or funds to care for them in shelters. It's really not a good idea to add any more kittens to the situation.

It's best just to go ahead and spay Bagel now. If you could offer a home to another kitten please consider adopting one from a shelter.

Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats – TheCatSite Articles

Spaying And Neutering – What To Ask Before The Surgery – TheCatSite Articles

When To Spay Or Neuter A Cat? – TheCatSite Articles

cataholic07

TCS Member
Super Cat
Reaction score
She is a stunning girl but please just get her spayed asap. She won't feel sad if she never has kittens. If you just want the joys of having kittens around, you can instead foster for a shelter or a rescue. They always have tons of nursing moms and kittens in need of a foster home. And that way you will save lives instead of taking them. Its harsh to hear but the sheer number of unwanted cats/kittens is overwhelming. And even if you promise to find them great homes you still take away homes from those already born so they instead die in the streets, shelter or farms :(

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Reaction score
I take it that you want one of her kittens? I don't blame you, I wish I had one of Jeff's kittens.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Reaction score
Why? Kittens don't always look nor act like their parents. In fact, most don't.

Of course environment and experiences also shape who we are as well, but genetics do play a big role. If I could afford it, I would have Jeff cloned.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Even clones don't look or act exactly like the original. Evidently CC was very different from Rainbow in personality, and looked very different too. There's a lot we don't know about nature vs nurture.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Reaction score
Even clones don't look or act exactly like the original. Evidently CC was very different from Rainbow in personality, and looked very different too. There's a lot we don't know about nature vs nurture.

Yes, I know that, but I would still like to try with Jeff. I don't look at it like I am going to get Jeff again, (although that's a possibility) but more like getting one of her kittens. A part of her would live on.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Reaction score
I think its natural to want to see the kittens of your cats. You love them. Its like parents wanting grandchildren. I often wish I had a kitten of Grey Cats, especially the older he gets.

The problem is they wont have 1 kitten but probably at least 4 or 5, and would you have homes for all of them? Thats why many here suggest it is irresponsible. Doesn't go with the "ethical breeding" theme if they dont have homes and many would argue even if they do have homes since they take homes away from overpopulated kittens already born. Also, how can people know if they would be a match if you dont post what area you are in? Honestly, its so easy to get a cat pregnant, you just let them out.. you will have a hard time finding someone who wants to mate their moggies with yours on purpose on here.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bagel

TCS Member
Kitten
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just want to say thank you for all your replies and concerns!!! I appreciate all the information that you all have shared with me, I have decided to go ahead and spay Bagel. ❤

- If Bagel were to have kittens I was planning on keeping her whole litter, because I do not trust anyone. After more thought and research I have just decided to just proceed with her spaying procedure!

Thanks again everyone ❤