Looking For Help On What Breed My Kitten Is!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
What an adorable little girl! I would describe her as a calico Domestic Longhair. Those long ear furnishings and lynx tufts are a good indicator that a cat will be a longhair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mommykitty250

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is definitely long hair. She is super fluffy and the shelter was thinking part Maine coon since there is a lot of strays of them in our area. She reminds me of my older cat Harry who is a Siberian forest cat. But she will be going to the vet and I’ll ask their opinion as well. Thank you all

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She is definitely long hair. She is super fluffy and the shelter was thinking part Maine coon since there is a lot of strays of them in our area. She reminds me of my older cat Harry who is a Siberian forest cat. But she will be going to the vet and I’ll ask their opinion as well. Thank you all
When she gets older, it will be easier to tell what breed she may resemble closest. :)

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my Goodness! Such a cutie cutie pie! I love the color patterns on her. Don't know why, but she reminds me of a singer on a theater who can sing two voices (male and female) and has different face on each side. That baby is absolutely gorgeous!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Almost all cats, both longhair and shorthair, are simply domestic cats without specific breed ancestry. People at shelters are not always aware of that fact, however, and often assign breed labels based on superficial resemblance, either out of ignorance, or in order to promote adoption. Even the most popular breeds are quite rare compared to domestic shorthairs and longhairs, so it's unlikely that there are many stray Maine Coons in your area. There may be a lot of longhaired cats in the area, however. The longhair gene is quite common in the domestic cat population.

Vets do not receive any training in identifying cat breeds, so their guesses are no better than anyone else's...

kobata1928

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
from that size I would say she is less than 3 months old, old enough to be without her mother but still very young, maybe 10 weeks.
edit: checking certain teeth is the way to properly age a young kitten but I don't know the proper way. this is my Molly at 3 months

Last edited: